DCP Asking to Cut Nap Almost in Half...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I don't provide service to children who don't need a full afternoon nap."
    "I don't provide service to infants who don't need a morning nap and a full afternoon nap."
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Parents and Sleeping (eye roll)

Originally posted by JackandJill View Post
      Can I just say, I hate when daycare gets the blame for the parent's schedule being interrupted or inconvenienced. Not sure when parental responsibility became a thing of the past God forbid the parents have to take care of their own children!!

End of rant.
      Exactly how I feel. I hate parents that are like my 2yr old won't go to bed early. I just want to say ok well my 2 yr old was up until 10/11pm and didn't start going to bed earlier until about 3. Why do they expect kids to form to adult society? why the hell did they have kids if they don't want to spend any time in the evening with them? And why in the bloody blue moon do they expect them to sleep through the night???? my 4yr old gets up at least once one or 2 nights a week, add a cold or sickness and its every night. She also got up 1-3 times night until she was 3 or so. I just don't understand peoples high standers? Rule of thumb DO NOT WAKE A SLEEPING CHILD LOL! Their brains are growing when they sleep and if you look it up most children will actually sleep worse at night if you interrupt their need to sleep during the day it backfires! IF u want to be a working mom u need to expect that you will still be woken up at night or have late/early mornings. I run a daycare my kiddo still wakes me up am I complaining to you that 8am is to early to start my day since I had to wake up last night or my kid stayed up late No no i am not!

Comment

I have been blessed with my DS who sleeps 12 hours a night all the way through(unless he's sick) and still needs a 2.5 to 3 hour nap in the afternoon. I will not accept any child who disrupts this schedule for my own child much less the other dck's as they are all pretty cranky if woken up before schedule.

But tbh, I think they are just trying to pull a fast one on you. I am like a lot of posters above and mention changes at home not on my time. It has taken some time for me to just be frank with people that my schedule during the day is MY schedule AND their child's. I hope that you have figured this one out for the sake of you and all of your dck's.

Comment

Working...
        X