How do YOU Advertise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
    I agree with a lot of this. I am not on the food program, because I am legally unlicensed, but I serve healthy, home cooked, made from scratch meals and I use that as a selling point. So I agree find what you offer that is different and use it!
    I'm not on it either even though I could be, but I do offer meals that would follow the program, however Organic versions . I tried the FP for 2 months, but my babies schedules NEVER mash with when I was suppose to serve meals & snacks & I said forget it ... I would love the extra check it offers, but when it's all said & done, a lot of the food is deducted off my taxes at years end anyway

Comment

Originally posted by VacationLand Daycare View Post
      We aren't on the food program. Not really sure why! I will have to look into it. Parent's asked about donations because we offer such low prices and they wanted to help out, so I created a section in the Newsletter so that we can ask for what we need. Sometimes they donate just because their DCK wanted to bring in a treat for everyone!

Our daycare is in a very low income area, which is why we have such low prices. I hate to think that parents think we don't offer everything that a daycare that costs almost double does, when our facebook page speaks for itself in terms of the activities that we do!
      The food program gives you a check each month ( for previous) that would cover the cost of a lot of meals & snacks, but it does require you to adhere to a schedule & not serve certain things (or limit how often you do)... it would also mean no food donations unless it was for a party that wasn't credited. Being in a low income area (like I am) means offering the most nutritious meals you can so you know the kids are eating to grow; It could be a perk that you explain to parents... it would help offset low fees too

Comment

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
        The food program gives you a check each month ( for previous) that would cover the cost of a lot of meals & snacks, but it does require you to adhere to a schedule & not serve certain things (or limit how often you do)... it would also mean no food donations unless it was for a party that wasn't credited. Being in a low income area (like I am) means offering the most nutritious meals you can so you know the kids are eating to grow; It could be a perk that you explain to parents... it would help offset low fees too
        And. Regardless if you are on the food program or not you can claim the standard or actual meal deduction on your classes. You do have to keep track of either attendance who eats each meal. Or for actual expenses your receipts. I do standard because my home and daycare share food, so I can't really do actual.

Comment

And. Regardless if you are on the food program or not you can claim the standard or actual meal deduction on your classes. You do have to keep track of either attendance who eats each meal. Or for actual expenses your receipts. I do standard because my home and daycare share food, so I can't really do actual.
          See that's me... I do standard too, but I have one baby here 12+ hrs daily, so that's 3 meals & 2 snacks for her out of the 3 meals & 3 snacks the IRS allows per child daily... it adds up. most my others are here for 2 & 2

Comment

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
            See that's me... I do standard too, but I have one baby here 12+ hrs daily, so that's 3 meals & 2 snacks for her out of the 3 meals & 3 snacks the IRS allows per child daily... it adds up. most my others are here for 2 & 2
            Yes, it adds up really fast!

Comment

This is exactly what I do! So, I see no need for the food program if I am keeping track of my receipts. My DCP's know exactly what their children are eating each day by looking at the days meal dry erase board and are fine with my system the way it is, but to each their own.

Comment

This is exactly what I do! So, I see no need for the food program if I am keeping track of my receipts. My DCP's know exactly what their children are eating each day by looking at the days meal dry erase board and are fine with my system the way it is, but to each their own.
                The only reason I even suggested it was because some sponsors list their providers on their site and parents can see who is providing "Healthy" meals; another form of advertising that's all... some of the rules don't work for me, but for some others they may need that extra income to cover food.

I know most of the licensed & some of the licensed exempt providers here are on the program, and I do get questioned why I am not, even though I spell it out in my meal policy...

Comment

Well the food program would be "extra" money to you. If you want the hassle. I have some pretty big issues with the diet the FP pushes. It isn't as healthy as they claim.

Comment

Can you give me some more information about Instagram? I am totally unfamiliar with it! All I know about it is that you can post pictures. Do you sign up as your business name or your real name?
                    Yes I can PM me. I use my business name. Also, my state has a 211 website where I am listed as a provider. See if your state does something similar.

Comment

Florida

Magnetic car sign.....vista print. Very cute choices. Mine was only about $12.00 three years ago. They are large and readable!

If you are in a low income area you would get the highest reimbursement from the food program. The food program makes good financial sense. I know some don't want to hassle with it but I'd never run a fdc without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        Magnetic car sign.....vista print. Very cute choices. Mine was only about $12.00 three years ago. They are large and readable!

If you are in a low income area you would get the highest reimbursement from the food program. The food program makes good financial sense. I know some don't want to hassle with it but I'd never run a fdc without it.
                        I agree. That check I get from the food program is fabulous. Plus a lot of places here don't provide food. We may have to fill out daily forms, but its not that bad.

Comment

I also think the food program is worth it!

Many don't agree feel the suggested menus or foods that are credible are healthy choices but honestly once I figured out what healthy eating really meant, it is super easy to tailor your menus and food options to be healthy and well balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            I also think the food program is worth it!

Many don't agree feel the suggested menus or foods that are credible are healthy choices but honestly once I figured out what healthy eating really meant, it is super easy to tailor your menus and food options to be healthy and well balanced.
                            My biggest issue was more that I do infants only & under 12 months always eat on demand; Licensing showed up twice for the first inspections while children were napping 2 years ago when I tried to be on it... between 2 parents refusing to sign up & timing of inspections, it just wasn't worth it for 1 baby - I will not wake even the older one (14 months at the time) to feed a 2nd meal. ( I can only have 4 max at anytime)

They never had issues with my menus & said mine were some of the best she had seen, I really just don't have enough babes to worry about the extra paperwork and it's not like I am full all the time, I'm not. I did figure out how to skip the "extra carbs"

Comment

Why do you think it's the providers that charge the lowest prices are the ones not filling spots? Shouldn't parents want to pay less if they can? Or do you think that parents think that less money means lower care quality? I'm trying to stay competitive in my pricing for my area, but I don't want that to hurt me in the long run!

Raise your rates. Seriously, if you want to offer discounts, do a sibling or multi-child discount. Otherwise, do NOT try to be the lowest. I am the highest FCC provider in my over saturated area, and am even higher than some centers. I am always full with a waiting list. I am enrolling a year out now. Mid-high end rates net clientele who value your program and give referrals, they are also the clients who put quality over price. I no longer advertise. Word of mouth fills my spaces. I am raising rates in September and will be higher than most area centers.

I have a niche with preschool only, organic, play based literacy curriciulum, developmentally appropriate. I am doing a renovation now that was covered with supply fees. I am torn between continuing FCC or leaving for a less lucrative/less stressful job but IF I continue I am going green throughout my entire program, eliminating plastic, strictly play based.

Comment

I have not read all the threads but I wanted to chime in, based on what I considered as a parent.

- Most parents I know are not looking the cheapest care. Even those with low incomes more often look for the best quality for the money or the best deal vs the cheapest care.

- I personally raise an eyebrow to the quality of program of the daycare programs that market the most. Those posted to craigslist everyday make me wonder "what is so wrong with them that they always have openings, etc"

- While I am undecided on if I will opt to be part of a food program I do know it is a big draw to parents so I think you should at least consider it.

I am launching my program in the fall and my marketing plan consist of:

Craigslist Ads
                                Facebook Groups
                                Local Yahoo Mom Groups
                                Care.com

I will be hosting and marketing an open house that I would be hosting at my expense. It would be free to come and check out the space and my program, I would have samples of the work we will be doing, some activities for the kids, food and some activities. (Maybe even a bounce house.)

Also I am considering reaching out to local large employers close to me --- sending a flyer / email to them that they can share with their staff. Maybe even offering a promotion to their staff depending on how much I wanted their children as my clients.

I also plan to send an email out to any and everyone I know letting them know I am launching my business and have spots available and asking for referrals.

Another thing once you are established and have good clients I suggest setting up a Yelp page and asking clients to review you on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X