No announcement yet.

Quarter Life Crisis...Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first thing I would do is get rid of parents having access to cameras. If you want to keep them and record for your use, that is one thing, but I would never have parents watching all the time as they choose. They can see one thing and think it something else and cause you a huge issue, from having you closed down to having you do jail time.

If families left due to that, so be it. That may get rid of some of your problems also.

Then I would start looking for new families, maybe before you sign anyone make some new policies if you choose. But as someone else posted, life is to short to be unhappy especially when there are things you can do to change it!

Comment

Really, thanks for all your advice. Life IS too short to be anything but happy, especially in my own house doing what I do! I have definitely decided to quit cameras. Going to type a new policy today. I love the suggestion of offering a 15 to 20 mins window of play time every now and then. My fiancé suggested maybe do a tues and thurs play hour where from 2-3 (for example) on Tuesdays and Thursdays they can log in and see a certain activity we are doing. Maybe. I like the idea.

As far as new DCF..I think I may give them the heads up about the camera policy today, that is starts Monday. If they are using the cameras in any way but seeing their child play, I'm sure I'll lose them and thats OK. He will be the only one I lose.

Comment

Originally posted by KristinsHomeCC View Post
        Really, thanks for all your advice. Life IS too short to be anything but happy, especially in my own house doing what I do! I have definitely decided to quit cameras. Going to type a new policy today. I love the suggestion of offering a 15 to 20 mins window of play time every now and then. My fiancé suggested maybe do a tues and thurs play hour where from 2-3 (for example) on Tuesdays and Thursdays they can log in and see a certain activity we are doing. Maybe. I like the idea.

As far as new DCF..I think I may give them the heads up about the camera policy today, that is starts Monday. If they are using the cameras in any way but seeing their child play, I'm sure I'll lose them and thats OK. He will be the only one I lose.
        I honestly would not let them view the cameras at all. Just to much trouble can be caused. Remember, the parents don't make the policies, YOU do. They are not your employer, you are SELF employed!

Comment

Morally, do I shave a few dollars off the weekly rate? It feels like I should because thats something they were promised at sign up. But, it is a PRIVELEDGE and I'm still providing the same awesome care!

Comment

I think it's been your policy, and your policy changes if needed. Do you have a book? Change it, date it, hand it out.

Comment

And no rate change.

Comment

No rate change. If they don't like it they are free to find new care, with proper notice of course since you are not mistreating their children. Just write it up, tell them it is "a service I am no longer able to offer". If they leave, maybe good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by KristinsHomeCC View Post
                  Morally, do I shave a few dollars off the weekly rate? It feels like I should because thats something they were promised at sign up. But, it is a PRIVELEDGE and I'm still providing the same awesome care!
                  I don't change rates when changing policies.

I don't change rates when changing services, unless I am adding to my services and then I increase rates.

"I no longer offer this service as of x date." and done.

Comment

I like your fiance's idea and no rate change!
                    You know, if this dcf just isn't right for you, don't feel badly about letting them go. Just tell them it doesn't feel like it's working. Even if you change your camera policy, will you still be feeling uneasy with dcd and not thrilled with dcb? That could be the crux of your unhappiness, not the camera at all. (I'd still change the camera situation) I think any new dcparents would still be thrilled with an hour or two a week of doing special activities with their child.

And Kristen, get happy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X