Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Termed Parent Complained and I Got a Visit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grandmom View Post
    Blackcat! What system do you have? I'm especially interested.
    Nightowl

Night Owl Security leads in security cameras, DVRs and NVRs. No Fees. Sign Up For Offers. Free App. Types: Wired, Wireless & Wire Free Systems. Secure. Protected. True CCTV. Unprecedented flexibility.

My cameras are NOT for parental viewing. They are strictly for MY use and not available for parents to log into any type of live feed or available for them to view recorded footage.

I have every angle of my home (inside covered) other than the bathroom and I have every angle of my yard outside covered as well.

It's especially helpful since I do not live in my daycare house, that the system sends alerts to my smart phone whenever there is any activity.

I can set the system to record continuously, not at all or only when action or movement is detected.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      Nightowl

Night Owl Security leads in security cameras, DVRs and NVRs. No Fees. Sign Up For Offers. Free App. Types: Wired, Wireless & Wire Free Systems. Secure. Protected. True CCTV. Unprecedented flexibility.

My cameras are NOT for parental viewing. They are strictly for MY use and not available for parents to log into any type of live feed or available for them to view recorded footage.

I have every angle of my home (inside covered) other than the bathroom and I have every angle of my yard outside covered as well.

It's especially helpful since I do not live in my daycare house, that the system sends alerts to my smart phone whenever there is any activity.

I can set the system to record continuously, not at all or only when action or movement is detected.
      I will look into this for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
        If I have a problem parent, or know I am going to have a discussion on behavior, payments, etc I record the conversation on my phone then save it on my computer. I have also started recording interviews. I put my phone on record and pop it in my pants pocket. That way if a parent lies about something important and I have to term over it I have proof they were dishonest from the beginning.

ETA: before recording, check the laws in your state. My state has a "one party consent law."
        I am going to have to check the laws in my state. This would have been perfect for that situation

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
          If I have a problem parent, or know I am going to have a discussion on behavior, payments, etc I record the conversation on my phone then save it on my computer. I have also started recording interviews. I put my phone on record and pop it in my pants pocket. That way if a parent lies about something important and I have to term over it I have proof they were dishonest from the beginning.

ETA: before recording, check the laws in your state. My state has a "one party consent law."
          I've been waiting to do this too. But keep forgetting to set it up. What app do you use?

Comment

I would like to know the app also. Just looked it up, Ohio is one party consent.

Comment

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
              I've been waiting to do this too. But keep forgetting to set it up. What app do you use?
              My smart phone has a built in recording feature on it.

No app required.

Comment

Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.

Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation.

Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as “two-party consent” laws.

If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping.

Because these laws were written with journalists in mind, many factors weigh into the legality of recording. You can read more about your state's specific laws here

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.

Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation.

Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as “two-party consent” laws.

If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping.

Because these laws were written with journalists in mind, many factors weigh into the legality of recording. You can read more about your state's specific laws here

I never thought to record an interview! I just purchased video cameras for the daycare space (indoor and out). They record video/audio all of my spaces aside from the restroom.

I just researched this, I sent DS to school with a video camera in his shirt pocket. He has high functioning autism and had suddenly been aggressive at school (hit student!) I recorded his day, and it showed the student repeatedly instigating him and the aides doing nothing, ds moving, asking him to stop, and the teacher redirecting him back to his seat. Ds did hit him.

I emailed the teacher and that student was changed to a different seat- problem solved! My son ended up not getting stuck with a BIP, which he has never needed.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                    I just researched this, I sent DS to school with a video camera in his shirt pocket. He has high functioning autism and had suddenly been aggressive at school (hit student!) I recorded his day, and it showed the student repeatedly instigating him and the aides doing nothing, ds moving, asking him to stop, and the teacher redirecting him back to his seat. Ds did hit him.

I emailed the teacher and that student was changed to a different seat- problem solved! My son ended up not getting stuck with a BIP, which he has never needed.
                    That is awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                    X