Do You Let DCK's Pay You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happymom View Post
    As a parent I would have loved if my daycare had a payment box or a specific place to put payments. I don't know why, but for me handing a check to my provider and even talking about payments was kind of weird. I also never wanted my child to know that I was paying for him to be watched, not that a young toddler could comprehend that.

Maybe using the toddler makes it less awkward for the parent? I also wouldn't question it as long as I was getting paid....if it was in coins, then yes, but bills, no.
    I don't understand that... Can I ask why?

Comment

Originally posted by happymom View Post
      As a parent I would have loved if my daycare had a payment box or a specific place to put payments. I don't know why, but for me handing a check to my provider and even talking about payments was kind of weird. I also never wanted my child to know that I was paying for him to be watched, not that a young toddler could comprehend that.

Maybe using the toddler makes it less awkward for the parent? I also wouldn't question it as long as I was getting paid....if it was in coins, then yes, but bills, no.
      huh...does your provider know? I mean, my dcks have asked me "why does mommy give you money?" and I answered "This is my job. Don't I have an awesome job?! Everyone needs a job to earn money to buy things. I buy food to feed you all, toys, and new markers and I have to pay for this great house so we have this lovely yard to play in. What would you buy if you had a job?" Would that make you uncomfortable?

Comment

Both preschools my daughter attended and now her elementary school accept checks only. One preschool I can't recall how / when I paid the other had a locked payment box in the office.

I also like the idea of electronic payments / auto debit but so far all dd's school don't want to take on the fees.

Not sure what method I will do but it will not be cash.

Comment

That would annoy the crap out of me. Honestly parents just think we think everything their kids do is adorable. Ummm nope. Not even close.

Tell her you at least need it in an envelope.

Comment

I'd think it was better than the families who text me to say "Your check is in the bag" so I have to dig through to find it.

Comment

I never allowed it.Made me feel bad when parents tried.I felt disrespected.

Comment

Working...
              X