Siblings in Different Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by finsup View Post
    Thanks everyone! I haven't quite decided if it's worth it or not. Right now I don't foresee having an opening for the sibling for a while. If I did, I think it would be more worthwhile to do. My husband said to just charge 35$/day (regular 30) and to just make the two months really worth it if I do take them on . Although quoting them that rate may get me a quick no...35/day is pretty high around here heh.
    That makes sense! This is an example of how rates are different based on where you live - I do not offer infant care but it goes for $65-$70 per day in home daycares in my area.

Comment

I would ask in a way that makes it seem like you are fine with it just being for the summer to see if that helps get you a more honest answer. I'd say something like I have children who are waiting for a Sept opening so if this is only for the summer just let me know so I can give you the correct forms, etc. And I would absolutely charge more for a temporary spot IF I was willing to take it.

Comment

I have had 1brother while the other attended another fcc. Other brother starts here Monday after waiting 8 months for A spot to open. It worked out well, but I work under the assumption that anyone could leave at anytime. Life happens.

Comment

I agree with the others- DCM is looking for temp care.

I have one child whose (half) brother is in a local center because the sibling's Dad won't put him in a home daycare and they make childcare decisions jointly.

Comment

Well, got a pretty honest answer from dcm. She said she would ideally like to have the girls in the same daycare but didn't know when or if that would happen. Fair enough. I definitely appreciate honesty! I suppose I'll meet with them and go from there. It's not exactly what I want but I'm not 100% against it either.

Comment

Well, got a pretty honest answer from dcm. She said she would ideally like to have the girls in the same daycare but didn't know when or if that would happen. Fair enough. I definitely appreciate honesty! I suppose I'll meet with them and go from there. It's not exactly what I want but I'm not 100% against it either.
              Great that she was honest. I can't blame her she has to work and needs them in care. Maybe something will open up at your program hard to see into the future.....

Comment

I had a temporary interview for a little girl while her regular daycare was on maternity leave. She has been with me for 2 1/2 years now.

Comment

My families know from the get go their child will age out here before age 2... that said, I still get 2nd babies while the older child is somewhere else (I have had 3 families have new littles before the first one turned 3); half my kids age out & go to the local Montessori's, but the wait list is 2 years for the only one that accepts kids under 30 months...

Since I am Montessori inspired & Organic, it's a win win for both me & the parents - I am told whose on a waitlist where when they sign contracts, so I know how to plan... minimum contract is 6 months, but I end up with most until they hit the 18 month age out.

Comment

I did the interview and for something I was unsure of, I really hope it works out. Dcm is wonderful! Brought up the temporary care thing and said she talked to her other daycare last week and they don't foresee any spots for a long time so she really doubts that would ever come up. When mentioning if I had a spot for the second child, if she would want it she was very enthusiastic about that. I have a kiddo moving to part time in the fall and well, this family is full time. If I sign them on, I could essentially offer the part time family either to pay the higher rate or term, and offer the spot to this sibling. But the dcm really liked that we were only 3 minutes from work, I provide everything except formula, and don't charge for my vacations (waaaay too many daycare within a few miles of me, I needed to stand out and those were things I was able to offer without too much of a rate increase). Plus quoted them a higher rate then I've quoted anyone before and she didn't even bat an eye at it.
                    Funny how things can turn around sometimes Now hopefully they sign on and it continues to go well!

Comment

I did the interview and for something I was unsure of, I really hope it works out. Dcm is wonderful! Brought up the temporary care thing and said she talked to her other daycare last week and they don't foresee any spots for a long time so she really doubts that would ever come up. When mentioning if I had a spot for the second child, if she would want it she was very enthusiastic about that. I have a kiddo moving to part time in the fall and well, this family is full time. If I sign them on, I could essentially offer the part time family either to pay the higher rate or term, and offer the spot to this sibling. But the dcm really liked that we were only 3 minutes from work, I provide everything except formula, and don't charge for my vacations (waaaay too many daycare within a few miles of me, I needed to stand out and those were things I was able to offer without too much of a rate increase). Plus quoted them a higher rate then I've quoted anyone before and she didn't even bat an eye at it.
                      Funny how things can turn around sometimes Now hopefully they sign on and it continues to go well!
                      That sounds lovely!!!!

Comment

Awesome. I hope it works out.

Comment

Comment

Woohoo!! They are interested! They're coming by this weekend so I can meet her husband and older daughter and are bringing a check to hold the spot. happyface No more interviewing! Lol

Comment

Working...
                            X