Fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoMoreJuice! View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies! The past few weeks we have been talking about what to expect when baby comes here with her, and I'm still really confident she'll be able to handle everything. Yesterday she brought up the issue of paying for baby's space, and I asked her for a few days to think, as I truly didn't know what to say. I checked with DCF, and while she would income qualify for subsidy, they (obviously) wouldn't give her assistance for watching her own baby. But if she put her baby in a different daycare they would happily help her. Crazy.

The question of what I can afford to do is spot on Blackcat. If she had completely free daycare for five years, it would cost me $45,000. But if she paid me $75 a week, I'd only be losing $26,000.

Thoughts?

Can you somehow put you as the caregiver of the baby and them pay? There should be a way around this I would think as she is at work.

Comment

I think you definitely have to charge something.After all you are paying 6 weeks to her.Also she will expect a check each week for working. I would say at least 100 a week for the child.She still gets the 6 weeks regular pay then her child with her and some pay as well.Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X