Form for Accepting Cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form for Accepting Cash

In my 17 years of daycare I have only had one family bounce a check and that was 10 years ago.

I have a family now who has bounced one check, thought they bounced another but thankfully they were wrong but has brought payment late on a few occassions. With the last check they thought they bounced, (because she was confident it did) I informed her at that time I would need to abide by my contract and there for cash will only be accepted and needs to be paid in the morning as per the contract says that I gave her plenty of understandings on "things happen".
    Well this week she wrote a check, I really should have said something but I didn't, I just said, oh you are writing a check and she said yes, her husband forgot to take out cash and I said well as long as it goes through. She tried calling me late last night but didn't leave a message, last time she thought she bounced the check that's what she did, called me so now I'm wondering if that's what she was calling for. So I want to be prepared with a form on accepting cash from here forward payment due Monday mornings if not her child would not be able to come for the day. I just haven't had a form for this since I have never needed it. Does anyone have such a form I could use?

Thank you

I don't have a form, but I would ABSOLUTELY return her check.

"Hey dcm, you caught me off guard yesterday. I have not cashed your check yet as I thought it was understood we would be doing cash only from here on out. I will waive the late fee this one time, but I will need the cash tomorrow before I will accept dck into care."

and TURN HER AWAY if she doesn't have the cash.

"husband forgot"=it's not in there to get out, imho.

Comment

This is what I use.

Returned Check Notice

To the parent/guardian of: ______________________.

Your payment of ___$00.00______ for child care services ( May25th - May 29th) was returned by the bank . Per our child care agreement, there is a $20.00 fee for any returned checks .

The full amount of returned check plus the returned check fee is to be paid on the next day / at drop off whether child attends care or not. Failure to pay in full at drop off may result in child not being admitted for care until balance is paid in full.

At _____________________ child care we allow 2 returned checks before we insist on another
      form of payment.

This is your __________ returned check . I can not accept any further personal checks from your account from mm-dd-yyyy on , only cash or money order will be accepted as payment .

Thank you.

Comment

I would do as pp. Hand back check and ask for cash. If she tries to give you the run around, just say that is fine. Late fees will start now and dcb cannot come back until fees and tuition are paid in cash. If we don't stick to our rules, the parents never will. If in the future she ever says she forgot to take out cash can she just write you a check, you can just say, "No, I'm sorry. You can go to (insert nearest ATM here) and withdraw the money and come back with dcb. Until then, no care will be provided."

Comment

TOTALLY AGREE!! No pay, no stay! Just a comment, usually there is some verbiage in our contracts (or should be) about returned checks. You might want to reference that in your form, just for the sake of consistency.

Hope all is well.

Comment

Thank you1

Comment

Working...
            X