When to Terminate a Child in Your Daycare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to Terminate a Child in Your Daycare

hello fellow providers...I need some input, advice etc.
    I have a little boy that is 4.5 years . when he started here he was such a good little boy. well mannered etc. then about the past 6 or 7 weeks he had completely changed. he never ever ever follows directions, he is always doing the opposite of what I tell him to do or not to do. for example, just today he gets here at 630 am, by 830 he had been in time out 2 times, but redirected over 5 times. the time outs were for throwing a toy at my window, then the 2nd was for drinking his apple juice and as he was doing it he told the other kids he was drinking his beer. he comes 4 days a week for up to 10 hours a day.
    when we are outside he climbs on top of tables and throws things and screams and runs around all crazy runs into other kids etc.
    any suggestions. I talk to the parents literally weekly about this and they say they will talk with him and he will lose things at home, but then it starts all over the next day.
    I was trying to figure out if someone else was apart of the attitude be has here. but he isn't here Mondays and noticed my daycare is quiet and calm and everyone behaves and is never in time out. then the rest of the week is chaos bc of him.
    one time I put him in time out on my couch and there was a string sticking out on a seam of the couch and he decided to pull on it and ripped a huge hole in my couch. just very destructive, doesn't listen or follow any directions ever. I go over the rules and expectations every morning with him and the others. he is the only one I have to keep reminding all day and redirecting...any suggestions.
    I love the parents but just don't know if it's a good decision to keep or term.
    Last edited by Blackcat31; 04-12-2016, 09:47 AM.
Working...
X