Family Daycare Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Daycare Provider

I am a family daycare provider/owner on Long Island, NY, recently my 18 year old was arrested 😭 Petit larceny and cpm5... He's never ever been in trouble before, this has me sick. The cpm5 was because his friend left it in his car so it's automatically considered my sons. My question is will this affect my daycare? He hasn't been convicted. The cop told me they are misdemeanor chargers but will this cause me to have to shut down. It's nothing related to children. We are going to court may 16. Our attorney said that the Chargers could get cleared from record.

It may affect your license if your son lives with you. I would call licensing and ask, I wouldn't take the officers word because he doesn't know licensing rules! Your son may have to move out in order for you to keep your license, but I can't say because I don't know the regs in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
      It may affect your license if your son lives with you. I would call licensing and ask, I wouldn't take the officers word because he doesn't know licensing rules! Your son may have to move out in order for you to keep your license, but I can't say because I don't know the regs in your area.
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
        I second!

Comment

Contact your local licensing agency. They can give you more detailed info.

Are your licensing regs listed online? That be may a good place to start researching.

Comment

I would think so. But where in the regs would it state it. I looked through quickly and didn't see it, but I also searched quickly and I'm an emotional mess over this. He hasn't been convicted of anything so I'm ok right now. It could be ok but I'm stressing over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkle Twinkle View Post
              I would think so. But where in the regs would it state it. I looked through quickly and didn't see it, but I also searched quickly and I'm an emotional mess over this. He hasn't been convicted of anything so I'm ok right now. It could be ok but I'm stressing over this.
              New York Daycare Centers listings contact information and licensing standards

Comment

It doesn't say what can happen if convicted.

Comment

This might be something that he winds up having to get an "exemption" for.

I think I would start by checking to see if your state has a Child Care Advocate. We have two for the state of California. Anyway, see if they do and then maybe shoot them an email with your question. They know the licensing regs and would be the best one to advise you of the process.

Hope that helps!

Comment

I wish there was more advice out there. I shouldn't stress if not convicted yet. He's not been arrested so far. I just want to know what could disqualify me from continuing care. I know anything child related but these charges exactly. Could they cause me to close down if convicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkle Twinkle View Post
                      I am a family daycare provider/owner on Long Island, NY, recently my 18 year old was arrested 😭 Petit larceny and cpm5... He's never ever been in trouble before, this has me sick. The cpm5 was because his friend left it in his car so it's automatically considered my sons. My question is will this affect my daycare? He hasn't been convicted. The cop told me they are misdemeanor chargers but will this cause me to have to shut down. It's nothing related to children. We are going to court may 16. Our attorney said that the Chargers could get cleared from record.
                      What's a cmp5?

Comment

Also found this: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/re...e%206.1.15.pdf

Scroll down to page 16

Comment

Working...
                        X