Potty Training Multiples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potty Training Multiples?

I made the "brilliant" decision to start potty training my two 26m and my 20m dcb. They caught on right away. I feel like I spend the entire day in the bathroom though! When one has to go, they all have to go, of course. They do pull down and up their own pull-ups, get on the seat, get off the seat and wash their hands all by themselves. At least once an hour we have a potty parade, which takes a minimum of 15 min, most of the time more. They do all actually go though. The big boys will stay dry, with the exception of nap.

The thing that is the most annoying is that they will very rarely go for their parents at home. I'm pretty sure it is because the parents insist on asking if they want to use the potty instead of letting them make the decision. I never ask them, but they sure do make it known when they want to go.

Is it normal to have to spend so much time in the bathroom? Is it normal to let them tell me they have to go once an hour?
    I am so over this whole potty thing, I want to tell them the potty is broken!

Originally posted by BabyMonkeys View Post
    I made the "brilliant" decision to start potty training my two 26m and my 20m dcb. They caught on right away. I feel like I spend the entire day in the bathroom though! When one has to go, they all have to go, of course. They do pull down and up their own pull-ups, get on the seat, get off the seat and wash their hands all by themselves. At least once an hour we have a potty parade, which takes a minimum of 15 min, most of the time more. They do all actually go though. The big boys will stay dry, with the exception of nap.

The thing that is the most annoying is that they will very rarely go for their parents at home. I'm pretty sure it is because the parents insist on asking if they want to use the potty instead of letting them make the decision. I never ask them, but they sure do make it known when they want to go.

Is it normal to have to spend so much time in the bathroom? Is it normal to let them tell me they have to go once an hour?
    I am so over this whole potty thing, I want to tell them the potty is broken!
    I know there is a ton of advice, comments and opinions about potty training out there and all of it seems a bit different than the next but here's what I personally know to be true:
    • If the child is TRULY ready, the training should take no more than 3 days (allowing an accident every so often.....no more than one in a week or two)
    • Expecting the same type of behavior at home AND daycare is not appropriate for anyone
    • Taking kids to the bathroom at timed intervals is not training anyone other than you (to watch the clock)
    • The definition of potty trained is usually where the issues start. Seems everyone definition is different.
    • Define what potty trained means to YOU (since this is your kingdom) and go from there.

Comment

Working...
    X