Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handbook

How many pages are your handbooks? I feel like I've been writing forever! I looked up a few on Google and it seems the shortest was probably 13 pgs (?).

Also, do you have a physical paper handbook or could you do it online such as on a website and let parents print it out? I haven't had a handbook before now but have encountered a couple of things and felt it was time to have it out there.

Originally posted by vonp View Post
    How many pages are your handbooks? I feel like I've been writing forever! I looked up a few on Google and it seems the shortest was probably 13 pgs (?).

Also, do you have a physical paper handbook or could you do it online such as on a website and let parents print it out? I haven't had a handbook before now but have encountered a couple of things and felt it was time to have it out there.
    Mine is 10 BUT I am revising and adding new things in now. I dont currently have a website but offer a hard copy or email version to parents

Comment

36 pages . Color coded by subject and including table of contents and highlighted policies.

Master copy used as guideline when interviewing otherwise a copy is emailed to parents AFTER enrollment in a pdf.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        36 pages . Color coded by subject and including table of contents and highlighted policies.

Master copy used as guideline when interviewing otherwise a copy is emailed to parents AFTER enrollment in a pdf.
        How is it color coded? The titles of each section or the actual page?
        Do you go over everything during the interview? If not, then how do the parents know they agree to everything before they enroll?

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
          I'll PM you a copy

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
          Do you go over everything during the interview? If not, then how do the parents know they agree to everything before they enroll?
          My first contact is by phone and/or e-mail

Second contact is a "screening" so to speak...
          I also e-mail a parent questionaire.

Third contact is a face to face interview/tour. By that time I am (as are they) 95% sure they are going to enroll.

After the interview/tour I send an enrollment packet with a copy of handbook.

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jenboo View Post
            I'll PM you a copy

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jenboo View Post

Third contact is a face to face interview/tour. By that time I am (as are they) 95% sure they are going to enroll.

Good idea! Could you send me a copy also? Thank You

Comment

I'll PM you a copy

What questions do you ask during the phone interview? Also, what is included on your parent questionnaire TIA

Comment

I'll PM you a copy

Ah got it!
                I love how you colored your handbook!!

Comment

Black Cat would you PM me a copy of your handbook as well. I have a parent that wants to chang her contract again. She is new and has decided we need to change it for a 3rd time is this allowed?

Comment

Yeah, they can get pretty long. I used to print it out for each client, but ink cartridges costing what they do I have found it better to post it on the website. It helps having it there because parents can access it if they need to look up something that they "forgot" and whenever I need to change or update a policy I can just upload the revision.

Comment

Originally posted by heatherann View Post
                      What questions do you ask during the phone interview? Also, what is included on your parent questionnaire TIA
                      I PM'ed you the questionnaire and my interview "cheat sheet"

Comment

BlackCat, could you please PM me your handbook as well? Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                        X