No announcement yet.

Naughty During Pick Up and Drop Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely would do a time out in front of parent. maybe the parent needs to be taught how to discipline

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
      The behavior would have resulted in a time-out regardless of whether the parent was there at my house. When it happens again, tell the parent to pick up their child and leave immediately. If he needs to put on coat/shoes, tell the parent to do it in the car. Let them know the next day at drop off that their child's behavior has become unacceptable and that you will need them to call when they are in your driveway and that you'll bring the children to the door for them to pickup there. Make SURE you block the child from coming back in, because they usually try. They WANT to create that chaos, and sometimes they'll try very hard to get past you to do it. I have a VERY sweet little boy here who turns into a demon some days when his mom picks up (If I tell him he can't have something he saw in my fridge this morning, he'll have a fit when mom gets here begging for it to see if I have the same answer when his mom is here). It's VERY important that rules don't change when the kids' parents show up. Enforce them every time.
      Great advice. I totally agree. The chaos will continue indefinitely if you don't end it.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
        Drop offs I can manage quickly, but pick ups I have too m7ch to tell a parent. We discuss what we did that day, I hand them any crafts and explain how their child did them, I talk about how much they ate, how they slept, and any issues.

I tried sheets once but it took way too long to fill out. No thanks!

When dck's are naughty during pick ups, I just have to deal with it. But the parent has to attend to their child while I handle the others and talk to the parent at the same time.
        I e-mail a sheet to them and it takes very little time. It includes how much their ate, drank, their mood, the time they fell asleep and woke up (between 12:00-2:00, that is), and what we're learning about.
        MUCH less time than standing there telling every parent everything. You might consider that if your method ever becomes burdensome.

Comment

Working...
        X