Food Program Inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LindseyA View Post
    Wow. I'm sorry you are going thru this! Is there any way you can get a monitor from a different County? I am right on the border of two counties. In the county I actually live in, I've heard horror stories about their monitors. So I applied to the next county's FP and absolutely love my monitor! She comes in like a family member, sits down at the kitchen table with the kids, asks how my husband is doing (he recently fell ill). We talk about our up coming camping trips, etc. I look forward to the inspections, as do the kids. If I were you, I would look into the next County over if possible. They will travel! :hug:
    Around here, they go by regions and there's no other option for me. However, I am going to contact the office and ask if someone else can be my monitor. I really hate being so snotty about it, but this woman is just SO rude when she comes by that I really don't want to be on the program anymore. I've dealt with everyone else in this office, and honestly LOVE having them visit-they're so nice and so helpful. I'm betting she's not easy for them to work with, either. I hate that I let myself get so worked up over it, but I can't see putting up with that attitude in my own home.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
      Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I just got an email from her now telling me that I need to have a special diet form filled out for my kids that use soy milk (Silk/8th Continent). My understanding is that these are nutritional equivalents to dairy milk, and that a special diet form is NOT necessary. Does anyone know if I am correct? I'm pretty positive that she's wrong about that, too.
      I have to have the form filled out for soy, too.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
        I have to have the form filled out for soy, too.
        I discovered that yesterday, through searching online. I've never been asked to fill one out before, and I've always had at least one kid on soy. Doesn't make sense, if it's an equivalent, but I'll do it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
          My FP actually discourages cycle/rotating menus as they want the kids having variety, and they feel it would mean providers serving the same things over and over.
          We also only have to offer it to them, they can chose to eat or not.
          I agree with Josie in that it's time to go over her head.
          this exactly!

Comment

According to my monitor, the child doesn't have to sit at the table. I just have to ask them (twice) if they want the meal. If they say no, I claim them.

Comment

Ask if they follow the "U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service February 2012" document. If they do, it says on page 24

"For example, if a child does not want a food component, or does not want the full required portion of a meal component, the provider should offer the food component to the child again. If minimum portions are not available to each child, the meals would be disallowed "

I couldn't find a more recent document.

Comment

This is what our policy on soy milk says. We just need a note from the parents. I bought lactose-free milk for one guy, but it turns out he didn't need it. LOL
                Attached Files

Comment

I know food programs vary in their requirements but it should all be in the rules. We have a manditory annual training that they review EVERYTHING during.
                  Menus- we have to have a week posted in advance. You may change an item but it must be changed on the menu prior to serving.
                  For any change in milk we must have a doctor's note.
                  (if you are caught here serving the wrong milk - 2% instead of skim etc. You are disallowed back to the beginning of the month!)
                  And yes, here as long as the child is offered the food, it is claimable. You must have all servings prepared and available.

Comment

Working...
                  X