No announcement yet.

How Much Notice of Vacation Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My contract states that I will give two weeks written notice, but I usually try and tell them as soon as possible.

If you don't know yet, then you don't know. She will just have to wait. She signed the contract knowing that there wasn't a specific time limit listed, right? I think a month in advance is plenty, some might think otherwise.

Comment

thanks for the advice!

Comment

She sent me a text 10 minutes after picking up her child saying something to the affect of... thank you for keeping me in the loop about your family vacation. I will check back in a couple of weeks and see if you picked the week. This is after I told her I would let her know as soon as I know. Sigh** This is the part of my job that I do not like.

Comment

That would drive me nuts!

Response:

"Again, I will let you know when I know. Asking repeatedly will not speed the process along. Thanks for understanding."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveArmour View Post
            Exactly. There is nothing wrong with telling DCPs as soon as I know you will.

My contract states 4 weeks notice with emergency provisions. I have to admit my DCPs are a bit spoiled in this because we tend to plan far ahead. After DCPs tried to drop off a child while there was nobody at my house a couple times I also go overboard on reminders. So every quarter I send a list of scheduled closures for the next 6 months. I also send out a reminder the first of the month, 2 weeks out, and the week of any closures.
            What the WHAT?
            I'm picturing a pitch black house at 6am with a DCM trying to pick the front lock and stealthily prying the front door open so she can sneak her child in. ::

I go overboard with the reminders too. Initial 2 month notice, 1 month reminder, monthly calendar posted at the sign out sheet with a big black X marked out, upcoming dates on the website and communication board 2 weeks before... and STILL I get the "what days are you closed again" just days before.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post
              What the WHAT?
              I'm picturing a pitch black house at 6am with a DCM trying to pick the front lock and stealthily prying the front door open so she can sneak her child in. ::

I go overboard with the reminders too. Initial 2 month notice, 1 month reminder, monthly calendar posted at the sign out sheet with a big black X marked out, upcoming dates on the website and communication board 2 weeks before... and STILL I get the "what days are you closed again" just days before.
              Not quite that bad but close. The best was once I turned my phone back on after landing in Atlanta to get hit with a bunch of "Door's locked" "We're here" texts followed by a "Oh yeah- closed. Sorry!" text from 2 different DCMs!. :: Since all my closures the rest of the year are either regularly scheduled days off or planned way in advance DCPs know about them already. But I'm sure the next quarterly letter will be met with shock and stunned surprise. :confused:

Comment

My contract says a months notice minimum but so far I have been able to give much more.
                Deb

Comment

Working...
                X