Payment Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Options

In my contract I have that I accept cash or personal check .
    I had a client change this line to say I will also accept money orders .

Would you mention this to the client , just let it go or tell them cash or check only .

The reason I did not put money orders is that the atm always messes up the amount or did not accept the money order a few times .

Originally posted by Second Home View Post

Would you mention this to the client , just let it go or tell them cash or check only .

The reason I did not put money orders is that the atm always messes up the amount or did not accept the money order a few times .
    I would not accept it. I would tell them they need cash or a personal check. No explanation.

Comment

I dont care if they simply edited a spelling error...HOW RUDE!!

If you have a rule about cash or check then it's CASH or CHECK....you dont get to add your own options.

I'd MOST definitely address this with them and I would refuse to accept a money order. Now, simply because of the fact that rather than discuss this with you, they just felt it was acceptable to change your contract. Wow! That si pretty ball-sy in my opinion and may be a clue to other manipulative or controlling behaviors.

I ABSOLUTELY would NOT accept a money order in this situation.

Comment

I need to take the emotion out of it which I just can't .
        This is the same dcp who let the dck out in the road and almost got hit by an suv .

I was accepting the money orders from them in the past but when I updated the contract did not add that option .

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          That si pretty ball-sy in my opinion and may be a clue to other manipulative or controlling behaviors.
          Oh there are many manipulative and controlling behaviors that this dcp tries to pull. This is just the latest.

Comment

I agree I wouldn't accept it, simply because they changed it. If they had asked me, I may have accepted it but not the way they did it.

Comment

Oh there are many manipulative and controlling behaviors that this dcp tries to pull. This is just the latest.
              Well then in an effort to show them who really IS the boss....I'd print them out a new page and tell them to sign it WITHOUT altering it and that you will NO longer accept money orders from them.

You can say it nicely but firmly or you can say it matter-of-factly....which ever suits you/your business style but bottom line is if it's a new rule and you don't want to accept money orders then don't.

I certainly wouldn't.

...I'm sorry this family is so difficult...seems sometimes they just don't "get it" or they do but don't necessarily care. :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Well then in an effort to show them who really IS the boss....I'd print them out a new page and tell them to sign it WITHOUT altering it and that you will NO longer accept money orders from them.

You can say it nicely but firmly or you can say it matter-of-factly....which ever suits you/your business style but bottom line is if it's a new rule and you don't want to accept money orders then don't.

I certainly wouldn't.

...I'm sorry this family is so difficult...seems sometimes they just don't "get it" or they do but don't necessarily care. :confused:
                This times 10. If a DCF and I negotiate a contract addendum I print a new set of contracts and we go over it together and sign it. No way in heck is a DCF altering my contract. If you don't want money orders, don't take them.

Comment

The client is obviously having to use cash or check to pay for the money order! This is a power move, for sure. I'd tell them that you don't accept money orders because it creates deposit issues for you.

Comment

I definitely would bring it up. First of all, not cool to just change my contract without checking with me first. Then and only then I would have amended the contract and initialed it. I think sometimes parents don't realize this is a legal contract. Anyway, I would explain to her that you put the checks and cash for a reason. If the money order will cause you do extra work (i.e. go into the bank as opposed to using the ATM) I would tell her she just needs to bring cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                      The client is obviously having to use cash or check to pay for the money order! This is a power move, for sure. I'd tell them that you don't accept money orders because it creates deposit issues for you.
                      THIS! How do they get the money orders without cash? They are trying to get insured money for some odd reason. I find his kind of payment highly suspect.

Comment

You can only get a money order with cash so I don't know what their motive would be. What is "insured cash"?

Is it maybe because they don't have a checking account but want a record of payment? Do you give receipts? Either way obviously they have no right to alter your contract.

Comment

This is also the family who would give me weird amounts in their money orders that I had written about a while ago.

I just wanted to see if I was over-reacting to her adding the money order option .
                          I actually told the dcd that if they did not agree with the new contract and policies and did not want the new contract then they could submit their 2 weeks notice .

Comment

This is also the family who would give me weird amounts in their money orders that I had written about a while ago.

I just wanted to see if I was over-reacting to her adding the money order option .
                            I actually told the dcd that if they did not agree with the new contract and policies and did not want the new contract then they could submit their 2 weeks notice .
                            Sounds like they're doing something shifty with their finances. FSA's, HSA's and other things need to have payment records and receipts, especially if they have weird amounts. I'd be careful on anything they ask for you to sign off on as well.

The nerve of some people!

Comment

I had a potential client do this with my contract.

I didn't take them on

For years after the fact she would give me dirty looks at the local market.

But I was all happyfacehappyfacehappyface cause at least I didn't have to look at her sour puss every day ::

Comment

Working...
                              X