Consistent Diarrhea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    This would be one case where I would wash my hands of the responsibility and since parents arent doing their part, I'd just send him home any time he has a diarrhea-like BM.

Let them know that if they can't step up as parents and do what's is in the best interest of their child that it is perfectly fine by you but that YOU are not going to manage the fall out.

"People rarely change their behavior until it becomes an issue to them" ~ Dr Phil
    Yes, time for consequences.

Comment

does the kid eat veggies at your house? I have had issues in the past with similar vegan or vegetarian diets for children. The parents were pretty much only giving them fruits (acidic ones at that) and the kid was having very loose stool and major diaper rash. They wanted to stick to that type of diet, but didn't make it well rounded, so too much fruit and too many snacks led to really bad poops and the kids were very thin and had very little energy, so definitely not getting enough nutrition. I agree about putting it back on the parents, though. Diaper rash that is severe enough to cause constant pain is something they need to fix or see a doc about.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
        does the kid eat veggies at your house? I have had issues in the past with similar vegan or vegetarian diets for children. The parents were pretty much only giving them fruits (acidic ones at that) and the kid was having very loose stool and major diaper rash. They wanted to stick to that type of diet, but didn't make it well rounded, so too much fruit and too many snacks led to really bad poops and the kids were very thin and had very little energy, so definitely not getting enough nutrition. I agree about putting it back on the parents, though. Diaper rash that is severe enough to cause constant pain is something they need to fix or see a doc about.
        I think they are pretty nutritionally minded. Dcb eats tons of veggies. His dinner at home is usually a veggie. Sweet potato, squash, eggplant...and I usually serve 2 veggies and 2 fruits per day.

Comment

You tried to do your part, send him home every time there's a loose stool. That's ridiculous.

You are only in control what happens at your house. Personally, I don't feel that parents should push their own personal/diet choices on their children for any reason. A child's diet and nutrition is so important those early years. It's just plain irresponsible.

And do what's best for the child, feed him the right things and at least he'll be getting a more varied diet even if it's just at your house.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
            Hmmm...I never would have thought of that. I thought fiber was for constipation. It really seems like my day revolves only around poop talk ...
            This is me!!
            Love my Metamucil! One tsp a day is enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
              Ugh. Parents can be so frustrating. Sometimes you feel like you care more than them.

I agree with BlackCat, you have done what you can now get back to your business and turn it back on them.
              Ditto. Not worth your time or effort

Comment

Working...
              X