Payment Late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Late

So I hope this doesn't come off wrong because I do have a big heart, but one of my dck had to have ear tubes put in over the weekend and she, of course, hasn't come back to daycare yet. Payment was due Monday morning but they were still at the hospital, and so I knew they wouldn't be able to drop off a check. Well they are home now and they haven't mentioned anything about it and I feel bad about mentioning something since they've been through a lot the last few days. What would y'all do? I'm not sure when she's coming back.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So I hope this doesn't come off wrong because I do have a big heart, but one of my dck had to have ear tubes put in over the weekend and she, of course, hasn't come back to daycare yet. Payment was due Monday morning but they were still at the hospital, and so I knew they wouldn't be able to drop off a check. Well they are home now and they haven't mentioned anything about it and I feel bad about mentioning something since they've been through a lot the last few days. What would y'all do? I'm not sure when she's coming back.
    I'd send them an e-mail asking about child and how she is doing. With it, I'd include a reminder stating that although they have something going on in their family payment is still due as agreed upon.

I used to feel bad too but then I realized the child care bill is just as important as the electric bill and just because the relationship is more personal it doesnt mean we didnt deserve to be paid on time every time.

I choose to adopt an attitude that says I AM empathetic about your situation but your payment is still due on time. period.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      I'd send them an e-mail asking about child and how she is doing. With it, I'd include a reminder stating that although they have something going on in their family payment is still due as agreed upon.

I used to feel bad too but then I realized the child care bill is just as important as the electric bill and just because the relationship is more personal it doesnt mean we didnt deserve to be paid on time every time.

I choose to adopt an attitude that says I AM empathetic about your situation but your payment is still due on time. period.
      I totally agree with this. But I still have a hard time doing it.

Comment

I had this same problem for years, different situations but same result. I even had one family that never returned from vacation. Not even to say goodbye. First know that its not being insensitive to expect payment. This is a business that runs on the tuition received from the enrollment. I am sure any working person out there expects their paycheck to arrive on time. This is no different.
        Something that has worked for me is that I have changed my tuition due date to the Friday prior instead of on Monday. Meaning, everyone paid last Friday for this week. I had a legal analyst suggest this when I redid my contract some years ago. I simply sent out a memo to the parents stating the change in due dates. This has really worked. Maybe that might work for you.
        Last edited by Blackcat31; 01-12-2016, 01:43 PM. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Originally posted by thrivingchildcarecom View Post
          I had this same problem for years, different situations but same result. I even had one family that never returned from vacation. Not even to say goodbye. First know that its not being insensitive to expect payment. This is a business that runs on the tuition received from the enrollment. I am sure any working person out there expects their paycheck to arrive on time. This is no different.
          Something that has worked for me is that I have changed my tuition due date to the Friday prior instead of on Monday. Meaning, everyone paid last Friday for this week. I had a legal analyst suggest this when I redid my contract some years ago. I simply sent out a memo to the parents stating the change in due dates. This has really worked. Maybe that might work for you.
          I remove the link you had in your post.
          I sent you a private message.

Comment

I also take payments on the Friday prior. I also accept email transfers so they can pay me from the comfort of their living room or wherever they may be.

Comment

I agree with Friday too. (or the last day of their week) Because then I have all weekend to get the checks to the bank. Were Monday payments you have to rush out one night after work to get them to the bank. (my credit union does not offer the camera app option.)

Comment

I generally text w/
                Hey it was busy at drop off/pick up. Did you forget to leave check?
                In this case I would text or call, (I never have emailed parents. It just feels impersonal to me. I don't even ask for email addresses)
                Hey, I wanted to check on Julie and touch base w you about this week's check. Do you want to drop off today or tomorrow?

Comment

Or
                  Hey, I wanted to check on Julie and touch base w you about this week's check. Are you planning on adding it to next mondays days payment and including late fees up to that point or Do you want to drop off this afternoon to save some of the late fees?.
                  (Before someone flames me for being heartless or uncaring. The child had tubes. It wasn't emergency surgery after an accident. They had plenty of time to make arrangements for you to be paid.)

Comment

Working...
                  X