X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sahm2three
    replied
    Originally posted by countrymom View Post
    I would see about giving him some tylenol, if it settles him down, then you know that either he's teething or he's sick (ear infection) but if tylenol doesn't help him then maybe he is seperation anxiety or is coliky. also, how about food, is he on baby food, is he eating too much, how about milk, is he on formula, or regular milk. maybe he needs soy milk.
    He is on Enfamil Gentlease. It made a HUGE difference in that he wasn't as gassy or throwing up. But he is still HUGELY fussy and not a sleeper at all. He is eating baby food and oatmeal cereal here. Mom and dad feed him just the food they are eating, which I think is too much for his little belly. He is only 9 months old and a TEENY TINY 9 mo. I am guessing he may be around 15 pounds. But both parents are tiny too.

He is crawling, and I think on the verge of walking, so I think that is part of the issue, but it always seems to be one issue or the other with him, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• countrymom
    replied
    I would see about giving him some tylenol, if it settles him down, then you know that either he's teething or he's sick (ear infection) but if tylenol doesn't help him then maybe he is seperation anxiety or is coliky. also, how about food, is he on baby food, is he eating too much, how about milk, is he on formula, or regular milk. maybe he needs soy milk.

Leave a comment:

• Lilbutterflie
    replied
    He might be teething? Will dcm allow tylenol?

If teething isn't it, maybe the formula is upsetting his tummy? A baby I used to watch (and still occasionally do) has had to switch to Nutramigen b/c it's supposed to be the most gentle on their stomachs. He was always a gassy baby, but in between 6-9 months he became super irritable. Worked like a charm for her. I'm thinking it might be a good alternative to switching to Dr. Browns, b/c she has to buy formula anyway. It's more expensive than regular formula, but priceless when it comes to one's sanity!!!

The other thing about this age is that most babies at around 9 mos are learning to crawl and becoming more mobile. They can become so fixated on the new skills they are learning that they just can't sleep. It's like their minds won't shut off. One friend's baby would crawl in his sleep! He was able to stay asleep, but some babies can't. Then the lack of sleep makes them irritable, and it's just a never ending cycle.

That's about all I can think of, besides underlying medical issues that you've already discussed with dcm.

Leave a comment:

• sahm2three
    started a topic Omg! Omg! 9 Mo Is A Hard Age?!

Omg! Omg! 9 Mo Is A Hard Age?!

Or is it just the kids I have? That is when I started having trouble with the 9 mo from the fam I termed. He wouldn't sleep, cried all the time. He had started out being the most happy, and easiest baby. Now my colicky 9 mo is a nightmare. Won't sleep AT ALL. He has been up since before 5 AM mom said and has not slept ONE WINK and is screaming currently. I asked mom over and over if he has had him to the doc to check for underlying issues, but she said they have never found anything and that doc always says to just ride it out. I believe her because I got the same song and dance when my ds was the same way. Good God. If I term he is just going to get termed by the next daycare because he is too high needs. What on earth can I do that I haven't already done to make this not so miserable?! I have suggested Dr. Browns bottles since he was about 6 months, but at this point, he is at the end of having bottles and mom doesn't want to switch now. Any ideas?! He is such a miserable child.
Working...
X