Weekly Tuition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post

I do agree with making it clear upon enrollment that they could be bumped makes good business sense.
    Personally, I'd just hate to take the time to transition a new child just to potentially bump them out a couple months later when a FT'er comes along.
    But, I get it!
    I had this child for 10 months... he left on his first Birthday literally (like just after the party here @ childcare) and I was dis-invited to his B-Day Party at the park the next day. Apparently me being "grandma" was only good enough when it was on Mom's terms (all the family was in CA, so i was the substitute granny)

Comment

Ooh, lots of thoughts! In class this semester we had to write a paper about the child care Trilemma - basically what you're describing - affordability vs quality vs availability.

Tom Copeland says it's OK to charge different families different amounts but I personally wouldn't feel right lowering some families' rates and not others, unless you can justify it somehow, like the new families need fewer hours or have older children, or are volunteering in the program, etc.

Before you lower your rates, consider that $20/week x 52 weeks is $1,040. Per child. Are you willing to give up over $1,000 per child?

Comment

Working...
      X