No announcement yet.

Family Childcare Providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My original business plan was to only keep them until two. I love babies, but not so much kids. Unfortunately I fell in love with the little guys (3) that have been with me since birth. Two are going to be 2 next month and one is 17m. I can see myself having to buy a bigger car so that I can take them back and forth to school in a couple of years.

I only have a small group by choice. Unless one of my current parents has another one, I'm full! I can't see myself ever accepting an older kid that I hadn't "raised" from an infant.

Comment

I take just preschool-age children, 3-5 years old. Some years I take a 2.5-year old if I need to fill a space or if it's a sibling, etc. I LOVE it and wouldn't do it any other way. I'm set up like a preschool room (I do hands-on, play based preschool, not drill and kill worksheet-type preschool) and planning the fun activities and seeing the kids learning is really what drives me and keeps my motivation going. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lperry2124 View Post
        So for all my family childcare providers do any of you just provide services for a certain age range or does everyone do birth -4 or after school? does any one do 3 and up or 2 and up? If so how is that experience for you? Or as family childcare provider do you think its better for us to service ages birth and up?? Thanks in advancehappyface
        I do 18 Mos and up to 4 years. I have a hard time doing infants and older kids at the same time. I think next year I will only do preschool age. I thought of only doing infants but since I have a toddler and a preschooler I think infants would drive them nuts. I enjoy having just toddlers and preschoolersv that works for me so we can do nature walks and going to the park and have a good schedule that works for the age range of our group.

Comment

Originally posted by KidGrind View Post
          I don’t know what part of Maryland.

In Montgomery County infant care is highly sought after.

I prefer 2 and 5 years old.

i moved from Maryland the end of last month im in Florida now.

Comment

Thanks Ladies for all your input it just hard for me to decided i have done every age group when i worked at a center. I love babies they are just so cute!!! but i prefer children a little older maybe 2 and up i was just a little worried because i did know if it really made any sense. I just moved from Maryland to Florida (again) and i have to learn the market. It would be my dream to just to a preschool but florida offers free vpk and the difficulty i feel i might have that is there many be too many ppl just doing vpk

Comment

I am just now setting up a family child care home, and am going to do the same as I did the first time I had a child care home. Take ages birth to 5 years. I will limit myself to only 1 infant at a time. The only after school children that I will take are the children who started out in my child care home and aged up to school age.

Comment

I do birth to SA. I like the mix and the limited turn over. I usually get them as babies and keep them until they age out.

(The only SA that I take are those that came through my program.)

Comment

Working...
                X