No announcement yet.

Feeling Defeated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out I have another week in that classroom... Kinda upset that no one told me until last min but My goal for the last week is to really teach them about kindness, loving one another....

Comment

Try to be preemptive. Give her a job before hand. She can be the door holder at your destination if she stays in line on the way there. If circle time is a problem. Give her a job such as "wiping down the tables with a damp sponge" during circle time. Sure she will miss circle time but the rest of them will have it uninterupted hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kendallina View Post
        18 4-5 year olds and only one teacher?? Oh my! That's insane, I'm so sorry. I don't have much advice, maybe when I pick my jaw up off the floor...
        I think THAT is the real problem. I wouldn't watch 18, 4-5 year olds by myself on my best day! It actually sounds illegal.

Comment

Unfortunately it's not illegal. I have 16 in my class.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
            I think THAT is the real problem. I wouldn't watch 18, 4-5 year olds by myself on my best day! It actually sounds illegal.
            Texas has high ratios. I've worked for some pretty bad centers in the past and the number of children I've had by myself is absolutely horrifying. Worst I was ever left with would probably be the 16 infants (all under 1 year, state ratio is 5!) a center left me with for about an hour. I'm convinced that's why infant rooms stress me out so much.

Hope this week is going better. I know it takes a while to get a group's behavior "fixed" and the long weekend probably didn't help. Unless your center wasn't closed.

Comment

Working...
            X