Really Bizarre Series of Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Bizarre Series of Emails

I have received a variety of emails, all from the same email address.

In my first exchange with this person, the mom said she had a preschooler with special needs. I did not have space for any part timers at the time. (She indicated he was enrolled in a special program). It was a polite exchange via my business email. - In this email she said her name was Belle

Then, a month later I received an application from "Anna" for my part time assistant position via indeed. I scheduled with the person and she no showed for the interview. When I went back and trashed the application and email exchanges I realized I had seen the email before. It was the mom Belle who had applied for the job and no showed. I thought it was crazy and weird, but whatever.

Then today I get another email to my business account asking if I have a full time space for a 1 year old. (No name this time) I ignored it and blocked the email address.

Is it me or is this kind of creepy?

Originally posted by spedmommy4 View Post

In my first exchange with this person, the mom said she had a preschooler with special needs. I did not have space for any part timers at the time. (She indicated he was enrolled in a special program). It was a polite exchange via my business email. - In this email she said her name was Belle

Then, a month later I received an application from "Anna" for my part time assistant position via indeed. I scheduled with the person and she no showed for the interview. When I went back and trashed the application and email exchanges I realized I had seen the email before. It was the mom Belle who had applied for the job and no showed. I thought it was crazy and weird, but whatever.

Then today I get another email to my business account asking if I have a full time space for a 1 year old. (No name this time) I ignored it and blocked the email address.

I've had some people do some similar and weird stuff like that. I would just block her.

Totally off your question. But where did you advertise to hire your employee. I have to hire another one and I'm having a hard time looking for places to post job openings. I refuse to use Craig's list

Comment

Originally posted by spedmommy4 View Post

I've had some people do some similar and weird stuff like that. I would just block her.

Totally off your question. But where did you advertise to hire your employee. I have to hire another one and I'm having a hard time looking for places to post job openings. I refuse to use Craig's list

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post

I hate Craigslist too. I used Indeed this time; it's free. I was able to write a very specific job description and include screening questions.

Comment

In regard to hiring-I have used indeed with luck, and I also paid for a care.com account. Sittercity has a promo right now to get a full month free. You can send and receive messages, not like other "free trials". I have interviewed great applicant from all three sites.

Comment

That's super weird.

It almost sounds like that person is trying to get into your daycare at all costs.

Do you have a full name of either "Anna" or "Belle"....you could Google or Facebook search her.

Those are both Disney princesses by the way. That's even more creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunni Bee View Post
              That's super weird.

It almost sounds like that person is trying to get into your daycare at all costs.

Do you have a full name of either "Anna" or "Belle"....you could Google or Facebook search her.

Those are both Disney princesses by the way. That's even more creepy.
              I don't know her full name. But, I wondered if that was the case too. I actually update my website regularly, and post my current openings for anyone to see. My rejection wasn't personal in this case. When she called, I had already filled all of my slots for the age group she was looking for. It seems like maybe she took it personally though.

Comment

Working...
              X