Staph Infection In Home Daycare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staph Infection In Home Daycare

So I watch a girl in my home. She has had staph infection in her diaper area a couple times. Well it came back AGAIN. I have no idea where it is coming from. I know the mom had staph when she was in the hospital a couple years back. I am at a loss of what to do. None of my children have gotten it! THANK GOODNESS! She kinda makes me feel like it is my fault that she has it. I have sanitized everything I can think of.

I just need some help/support about this!

The staph infection will keep coming back. You or someone there will eventually get it as well. You need to know this so you can make a decision as to what you do about. The mom obviously knows this and this is why she is treating you the way she is. It is the parents responsibility not yours and if you don't replace her she at the very least needs to stay home while she has it as it is contigious.

Comment

Originally posted by brynsmamma View Post
      So I watch a girl in my home. She has had staph infection in her diaper area a couple times. Well it came back AGAIN. I have no idea where it is coming from. I know the mom had staph when she was in the hospital a couple years back. I am at a loss of what to do. None of my children have gotten it! THANK GOODNESS! She kinda makes me feel like it is my fault that she has it. I have sanitized everything I can think of.

I just need some help/support about this!
      Staph infection is very, very contagious, and the Mom needs to keep the child at home with her, til completely cleared up!!

Comment

Is this MRSA? i have one that had this on and off in his diaper area. His brother, mom and dad are all also carriers. since it was in the diaper area, it was covered. I just had to make sure I disinfected-which I do for everyone anyhow. No one else ever got it here-daycare kids or family. It is highly contatious, but can easily be contained.
        Has she been on antibiotics for it? She should be.

Comment

Originally posted by momofsix View Post
          Is this MRSA? i have one that had this on and off in his diaper area. His brother, mom and dad are all also carriers. since it was in the diaper area, it was covered. I just had to make sure I disinfected-which I do for everyone anyhow. No one else ever got it here-daycare kids or family. It is highly contatious, but can easily be contained.
          Has she been on antibiotics for it? She should be.
          Yep this is a form of MRSA!!

Comment

Working...
          X