New DCG Is Sick A Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DCG Is Sick A Lot

I have a new dcg, 12 mos, who has been here for just over 2 weeks. I've sent her home twice for sickness. Once, she had a fever and diarrhea. Today she has a cold but was miserable and not comfortable. She screamed cried on and off for an hour so I called mom to pick up.

Since she started she has looked unwell/tired but it's hard to say if this is her 'look' as I don't really know her well yet. She alternates between being super social and happy and really upset. Has tantrums when she gets frustrated or if redirected. Will bang her head against things when she gets upset I suspect she was a little catered to at home as she doesn't like to be told she can't do something.

As I said, I have only had her for about 10 days so don't feel like I have a handle on her yet. Maybe this is just her personality, maybe she hasn't been well the entire time she's been here. I've never had a newbie get so sick. I've actually never had any child be so constantly sick. Only one other child was sick and that was after dcg.

Don't really know if I'm asking anything.... Just baffled. This one either has a really strong personality or a really weak immune system. Or both!

Has she been in daycare before? I take preschool kids and those who haven't been enrolled in daycare have a rough first year.

Comment

Quite possible underlying allergies. I had a DCG with underlying allergies and she was constantly sick and just looked horrible and tired all the time. She ended up being allergic to a lot of stuff poor girl

Comment

Working...
      X