Healthy Food for Young Children Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Food for Young Children Act

Is the requested "provision 2" option only for childcare centers? I see nothing stating family/home providers. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I already serve that third meal, plus two snacks. Have been for quite a while. It would be nice to be able to be reimbursed at tier 1. I think more providers would participate in the food program, then.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

I'm reading it as only childcare centers get the option; similar to what certain school districts do

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
      Is the requested "provision 2" option only for childcare centers? I see nothing stating family/home providers. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I already serve that third meal, plus two snacks. Have been for quite a while. It would be nice to be able to be reimbursed at tier 1. I think more providers would participate in the food program, then.
      The links I've read say family child care providers so I am reading both in-home and center care programs providers are included.

frac.org/pdf/CACFP_act_CNR2015.pdf

Comment

Oops, I forgot to include the whole link above

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Oops, I forgot to include the whole link above

http://frac.org/pdf/CACFP_act_CNR2015.pdf
          If you read the paragraph about Provision 2 it does not specify homes, only centers because it is a streamlining option; the rest of it applies to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
            If you read the paragraph about Provision 2 it does not specify homes, only centers because it is a streamlining option; the rest of it applies to everyone
            That just sounds like centers have an extra provision. It doesn't necessarily exclude in home care programs. It sounds like it's just allowing centers to have "blended rates" verses simply getting the higher rate based on whether 40% of the students qualify or not. So for centers if only 15% of their kids qualify, they can still get the higher rate for those kids and not have to collect, redo or update the paperwork for 4 years. Otherwise I still think it applies to BOTH centers and in home care providers.

Comment

I read both links earlier today as well.

Thanks for your observations and thoughts on it. I had to ask because it is clear as mud, as usual.
              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
              X