When Closing Early...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Closing Early...

Do you apologize for the inconvenience it may cause or just say ABC daycare is closing at X time on X date?

I would add in the apology

Comment

I always apologize for the inconvenience. I feel that simple sentence acknowledges that you respect their time and schedule. If its not super personal I also tell them why I'm closing.

Comment

I don't apologize for it but my clients know well in advance. I just say PPLC will be closing at X on X. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me. I usually tell them why there is an early closure because generally it's for an orthodontist, doctor or dentist appointment and it's generally well in advance. I don't see anything wrong with apologizing but in my case I don't want them to think that infrequent early closures equate to me doing something wrong since IMO it's part of home daycare. If I apologized I could see some clients starting to think that it's something they could negotiate since an apology is like admitting you did something wrong or against the norm. Also, I'm just not sorry so it wouldn't be genuine. I have to close early to take care of the needs of myself or my family, take it or leave it, I'm closing early.

Comment

I don't apologize and I generally don't explain why unless it is something that could affect them.

I don't close often, so it's not something they have to deal with often.

Comment

I wouldn't apologize but I usually thank them for understanding.

Comment

I do not apologize. I just tell. Other than emergencies, my clients know well in advance when I am closed. In the early years, I would ask/apologize but found that led to discussions too often trying to sway me from closing....now I TELL!

Comment

I state reason why. Training, appt, spa day. I should say: I'll be closing after lunch on Fri to enjoy a "spa" day. Rotf.

Comment

I don't apologize. I do explain why I'm closing usually. I give parents as much lead time as I can, so I don't generally have any issues. I just let parents know when I'm closing and if they have any questions to feel free to ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by kathiemarie View Post
                    I always apologize for the inconvenience. I feel that simple sentence acknowledges that you respect their time and schedule. If its not super personal I also tell them why I'm closing.
                    Same here.

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X