Terming "Summer Replacements"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AuntTami View Post
    This was how I had figured it out but like I said, it didn't seem "fair" since the 4:30 kid leaves at 3:00pm which is definitely before the 4pm cut off. But then one of my guys comes at 5:30 and leaves at 2:15. He's not going anywhere but I'd obviously have to restructure across the board to make it fair, so how do I do that? Charge her the premium for before 7am and then remove it because she's actually picking him up 2 hours earlier than "rate increase" time?
    PM me your all rates and the times you want to be open as normal. NOT the times these kids arrive.

l'll see if I can apply my formula to your rates.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntTami View Post
      Ideal hours would be 7-4; yes but like I said, I've adjusted my hours to accommodate the shift workers in this area who work earlier/later than all the daycares in the area are open, so I've really monopolized that market but I feel like it should be coming at a premium since it's a premium service of sorts?

This was how I had figured it out but like I said, it didn't seem "fair" since the 4:30 kid leaves at 3:00pm which is definitely before the 4pm cut off. But then one of my guys comes at 5:30 and leaves at 2:15. He's not going anywhere but I'd obviously have to restructure across the board to make it fair, so how do I do that? Charge her the premium for before 7am and then remove it because she's actually picking him up 2 hours earlier than "rate increase" time?
      For example, I would have a base rate of $30.

For each 1/2 hour increment before 7, the price would increase.
      For each 1/2 hour increment after 4, the price would increase.

So 4:30-3 would be 30 + 5 1/2 hr increments. Might add extra due to longer day.

5:30- 3 would be 30 + 3 1/2 hr increments.

ETA: I would not offer discounts b/c they pick up earlier than 4. Or I would alter rates that pickups by 3 are the base rate and start increasing from there.

Comment

Working...
      X