Reported Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reported Them

I keep seeing facebook post of women running unregistered daycare (which are illegal in this state). So I did not say anything to them and reported them.
    Every time some one would say they were looking for a daycare, I would post my info and these ladies would post that they would do it. The parent would not respond to me but PM the others. So I got sick of it and copied all their info, reported them.

Then I got a call from some of their clients desperately searching for care because their daycare got shut down. I heard that they got big fines.

Now one of the ladies are back posting that they are looking to nanny.

People are feeling sorry for them, for breaking the LAW.

Is unregistered illegal where you are or illegal after you have a certain number of kids? Here in NY you are allowed to care for two kids without being licensed/registered.

Comment

Here is WI, one can care for up to 3 children under 7 without a license. People have 12-15, get away with it for years, and the same thing happens; people feel sorry for them when they get shut down (which is extremely rare).

Comment

Here in TN you can legally have four before having to get licensed

Comment

Here, if you have even one unrelated child in care, you must be at least listed. Over 3 unrelated children requires registered or licensed.

Comment

The part that surprises me is that they actually did anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
              The part that surprises me is that they actually did anything.
              Here you need a license for any unrelated child in your care.
              My neighbor started an illegal daycare....right across the street from me. I informed licensing, nothing was done.

Comment

I'm going to assume here that the OP knows the law in her state and wasn't reporting willy nilly.
                The fact that the OP's state actually DID something about it tells me she was right.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddieCahoots View Post
                  Here you need a license for any unrelated child in your care.
                  My neighbor started an illegal daycare....right across the street from me. I informed licensing, nothing was done.
                  This happens in my state as well.....frustrating!!.

Comment

In Alabama, a license is required for any number of unrelated children.

Comment

Hard to prove people are unrelated. I could say I am caring for my second cousins kids and my brothers stepkids ect..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        Hard to prove people are unrelated. I could say I am caring for my second cousins kids and my brothers stepkids ect..
                        Not with the new site ancestry.com...::...jk....jk....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          ::

My state defines family as immediate. (sister, niece, granddaughter)

NOT someone's second, twice removed only by marriage type situations....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            ::

My state defines family as immediate. (sister, niece, granddaughter)

NOT someone's second, twice removed only by marriage type situations....
                            same here, and if they do investigate (occasionally), they do ask, and they ask for verification.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                              I'm going to assume here that the OP knows the law in her state and wasn't reporting willy nilly.
                              The fact that the OP's state actually DID something about it tells me she was right.
                              Thank you, I do know my state rules. Even one child is breaking the LAW. (which I don't find to be fair, but law is law and I went through the process to be legal and so can they. Until they do, they need to STOP stealing my and other day cares customer and cutting on home day cares.)

Guess it bugs me that pp take pity on her for getting caught, not telling her to "become legal".
                              Since it came out that she was caught, there has been less "ISO kids to watch" post.

Comment

Working...
                              X