Parents Wanting to Facetime, and another Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Wanting to Facetime, and another Rant

First rant is these Tommee Tippee bottles. Looks at all of the pieces! Two of them have to be cleaned with a Q-tip! Who has the time? Not me and I doubt most new mothers either. The WORST bottles EVER! (right behind Dr. Browns, forgot about those!)

Second rant, and this is a new one to me, dcm who wants to facetime with her just turned 1yo. Yesterday it was kinda cute, although dcb was confused when he couldn't see his mom on my phone afterwards. Today it was just annoying. He doesn't talk and one of the other kids was whining away in the background.

Do any of you facetime with the parents?
    Attached Files

I saw a commercial for the FaceTime and babies in icu... would be annoying to me too.

Comment

Um NO just NO in both cases. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

I second that emotion.

Comment

Lol! I have a 6 week that just started today that's using the dr brown bottles. I wanted to cry. Plus he's using a level 2 nipple and drowns so I tried a level 1 nipple and it took him 35 minutes to finish 2 ounces so we went back to level 2. Ugh. What happened to nipples made for babies 0-6 months?!

No; I wouldn't FaceTime unless there was a specific need/extenuating circumstance. Absolutely would not FaceTime daily. I would tell her DCB is having a hard time with being able to see you, but you not being here.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntTami View Post
            Lol! I have a 6 week that just started today that's using the dr brown bottles. I wanted to cry. Plus he's using a level 2 nipple and drowns so I tried a level 1 nipple and it took him 35 minutes to finish 2 ounces so we went back to level 2. Ugh. What happened to nipples made for babies 0-6 months?!

No; I wouldn't FaceTime unless there was a specific need/extenuating circumstance. Absolutely would not FaceTime daily. I would tell her DCB is having a hard time with being able to see you, but you not being here.
            I guess things have changed more than I knew. DD and DS both used the same bottles and nibbles from birth to first BDay when bye bye bottles. Guess I am getting old and DD is only 16.

Comment

I have an infant now with Dr. Brown bottles. I was so confused by them. My own sons used the cheap Walmart bottle.

Comment

Seems kind of weird to me that there are so many fancy bottles, and yet every infant I've gotten in the last couple years has reflux and other tummy issues. My kids took cheappo bottles, and I fed umpteen other kiddos with them, and they had no issues.

One LO I had, they gave me fancy bottles, and it took her a half hour to drink 2 oz. At four months. Come on! I got out my plain-old straight bottles with regular sized nipples, and she slammed down 4 oz, burped, and went on with her day.

Comment

I agree! I am a fan of the regular old bottle. Three pieces - the bottle, the ring, and the nipple. That's it! They worked great!

The baby using the Tommee Timppe - I have to change her everyday because she spits up so much.

Comment

I switched my own son to Dr. Brown's bottles when he had gas/colic issues and omg, it was a WORLD of difference!!! I hated washing those damn bottles but they were well worth it. I even tried to go back to regular bottles one weekend thinking he was a little older and could handle it and by Sunday night my DH said HE would wash the bottles if I'd please go back to the Dr. Browns!!! :: So I wouldn't have an issue with a parent using them but as a daycare provider I would either 1. wash thru dishwasher or 2. send home to be washed.

I would not allow the facetiming - so I can deal with a screaming baby after mommy hangs up?? No thank you. I have no problem sending mom a text or a picture here and there to update on child's day but no way am I playing with baby's emotions where they can see mommy for just a few minutes. No way!

Comment

I have a dcm that sends in dr browns bottles every day. I can not stand those bottles with all those little pieces. I also don't like it when parents insist on sending in the bottles to come home every day. I will never agree to that again! All the other babies I have had have used regular bottles and none have had any belly issues. I used the good old fashioned glass bottles with my own children.
                      I would never face time. To me that is the same as having dcm pop in and say hello. It is only a tease for the kid. I text and send pictures regularly but on my time....not when parent requests.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                        Seems kind of weird to me that there are so many fancy bottles, and yet every infant I've gotten in the last couple years has reflux and other tummy issues. My kids took cheappo bottles, and I fed umpteen other kiddos with them, and they had no issues.

One LO I had, they gave me fancy bottles, and it took her a half hour to drink 2 oz. At four months. Come on! I got out my plain-old straight bottles with regular sized nipples, and she slammed down 4 oz, burped, and went on with her day.
                        Funny story? The little one today with the fancy bottles, puked ALL day long. My 6 month old with regular old bottles has puked only a few times in all the time I've had him. Obviously all babies are different, but it makes you wonder n

Comment

Our regs have a limit of 30 minutes of screen time per week. Sorry no face time allowed here .

Comment

I used glass bottles with three of my kids. Never an issue.

Dcm, this isn't working for me. Dcb was confused and upset yesterday after you facetimed him, and the other children in care were upset with my distraction, so that won't be an option in the future. The bottles are also time consuming to clean. I will be providing bottles to stay here from now on, here are yours back.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                              I used glass bottles with three of my kids. Never an issue.

Dcm, this isn't working for me. Dcb was confused and upset yesterday after you facetimed him, and the other children in care were upset with my distraction, so that won't be an option in the future. The bottles are also time consuming to clean. I will be providing bottles to stay here from now on, here are yours back.
                              Yup, exactly what I would say!

Comment

Working...
                              X