Taking a Paid Day for July 4th…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Margarete View Post
    "contract states I reserve the right to take the friday before/monday after for holidays falling on the weekends"

You are entitled per your contract to have Monday as a holiday (If the holiday was on a Friday you would miss out per your contract.

I would ask your parents if they would have a problem with you taking the Thursday off instead of Monday as your paid Holiday. If they are hesitant, let them know you would otherwise be taking Thursday as a 'personal day' and Monday as your holiday. This way you will be open on Monday.

Then change your contract to read Thursday or Monday, and include holidays that may land on a Friday
    Thats a good idea. I wasn't even really considering being closed the Monday but I could off up the Thursday instead of the Monday.

My contract was written based on my daycare being open Mon-Fri - its only the last few months that I've had fridays off and I will go back to the M-F schedule when it becomes necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by NessaRose View Post
      Oh that sucks. Do you arrange your calender at the beginning of the year? Look at where the holidays fall and such? If you knew way in advance that you would be losing all those paid holidays, you could inform parents in January of your intentions to take alternate days.

For instance, I'm not taking a week of vacation all at once this year. I made it work to my advantage. I took/am taking the Friday before memorial day and the one before labor day so I'll have 2 four day weekends.

The other 3 days I will take December 21-23, and then Christmas is the 24 -25, so I'll have 9 days off then if you include the weekends.

Make it work for YOU! Just give them lots of notice, preferably a list at the beginning of the year.
      I don't really look that far ahead at the beginning of the year, and the 4 day work week is probably temporary - it just worked out that way that I have all clients who are off on Friday. May end in September if I have to take a full timer to fill my next opening.

But just noticed the xmas/new years holidays fall on Fridays this year and since I take 24th/25th and 31st/1st I will already be taking the Thursdays off so will just lose out on 2 of the 4 days.

Comment

childcare provider

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        I am closed July 6-10. Paid.
        I love tour quotes. U wish I could email you on some of the struggles I'm having.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I love your quotes. I wish I could email you on some of the struggles I'm having.
          You are always welcome to PM me. Unregistered users do not have access to private message functions of the forum but you are welcome to e-mail anytime and if I can be helpful to you, I'd gladly do so...

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by NessaRose View Post
            I don't think I would close an extra day just because I'm already closed on the designated holiday. But if you have paid personal days in your contract, use one of those. Make it a long weekend.
            Me too. As much as I would want to count it as the holiday, I dont think it would be legit. Use a vacation day.

Comment

Working...
            X