Still Accepting Checks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Accepting Checks?

I am curious as to how many providers still accept checks?
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

I only accept cash and fees are due on Friday's for the following week. I have had no problems!

Comment

I do but havent had a issue yet. I do state that if they bounce I have a fee, and going forward will need cash or cashier check. So far so good...
      "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

Comment

Originally posted by Erin's Daycare View Post
        I do but havent had a issue yet. I do state that if they bounce I have a fee, and going forward will need cash or cashier check. So far so good...
        Yup, this is me too. No problems so far.

Comment

My dc parents pay by check the first daycare day of the month for the entire month before I provide care.

Comment

I only accept checks. I had read somewhere that is the best, to have a paper trail in case of an audit. Maybe it was Toms book or something, LOL

Comment

I used to have a cash only policy but the parents seemed to feel it was very inconvenient since most showed up with a check instead of cash.

I finally decided not to fight it and just made a new policy stating that I prefer cash but will take a check. If the check bounces, though, they will have to reimburse me for any bank fees I incur because of their mistake and I will also charge them an additional $25 fee just for the inconvenience caused me. I've had a couple of checks bounce on me in the 13 years I've been in business but it hasn't been a big problem.

Comment

checks here.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin's Daycare View Post
                  same here. if they write a bad check then cash from then on....after they pay all the late fees, bounced check fees and any other costs involved in collecting of the money due.

Comment

All my families pay by check.

Comment

I accept checks. Never had a problem.

Comment

I still accept checks.

All but two of my families do auto-pay from their banks. It works out really well; I get 5 checks in the mail on Friday for the following Monday. They are even in the same envelope, . It works out really well; but you have to trust them enough to give them your banking info.

Comment

Yep, checks here too. One parent right now pays primarily in cash; the rest are by check.
                          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I do and so far no problems I am lucky to have five very good families

Comment

Two by check, one by cash (by choice). Policy is, if the check bounces, cash only basis.

Btw, I'm prepay, before care.
                              Last edited by SandeeAR; 01-05-2011, 01:59 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Working...
                              X