FB Business Page Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB Business Page Help

I am trying to change the category for which my daycare business page is under on Facebook. I have seen many pages that say "Daycare, childcare, etc" However all I am finding is a preschool and an education title. Nothing about daycare or childcare. How are people getting these titles?

Here is an example of what I want it to say: (under the name of the business it says "childcare")
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

What am I doing wrong?

Under subcategories in your page info, click edit then type in child care, and day care separately. They should each come up as an option, that's what I did. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Under subcategories in your page info, click edit then type in child care, and day care separately. They should each come up as an option, that's what I did. HTH
      Thank you! Unfortunately it isn't giving me an option to type anything in. Just drop down menus.

Comment

Sometimes, you get different options when you are on a phone or tablet than on a PC or laptop. Maybe that's it?

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
          Thank you! Unfortunately it isn't giving me an option to type anything in. Just drop down menus.
          Hmm, I'm not sure why it's not working for you. I just tried it on my iPad (in the FB site in Safari not the FB app) and it worked. I started typing in daycare and a drop down list of options appeared. Is your main category "Local Businesses: Local Business"? That's what I have as my "main" category at the very top of the page info.

Comment

Thank you all for your help!

I am doing this from my laptop - I tried both in Firefox and Chrome. Here is what I am seeing, I have to be doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what.

photo hosting sites

photo uploading

Comment

So my main category - what you're looking at - says 'companies & organizations: education'
              Then it has a space for the company name
              then it says subcategories, where yours says topics - i assume that they change that to make sense, and that's where you can type in the things that show up on the main page.
              HTH

Comment

Thank you all for your help!

I am doing this from my laptop - I tried both in Firefox and Chrome. Here is what I am seeing, I have to be doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what.

photo hosting sites

photo uploading
                Yes, choose Local Business as your category. Then under that will say "Name" where you put the name of your daycare. Then right under that you should have "subcategories" this is where you can edit to type in daycare, child care, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  Yes, choose Local Business as your category. Then under that will say "Name" where you put the name of your daycare. Then right under that you should have "subcategories" this is where you can edit to type in daycare, child care, etc.
                  See that's the problem, mine doesn't have a place to type anything in. Just two drop down menus. This shouldn't be this confusing ::

Comment

See that's the problem, mine doesn't have a place to type anything in. Just two drop down menus. This shouldn't be this confusing ::
                    Neither does mine. I use safari and firefox. I found "child care" and "daycare & preschool". But not daycare alone. I didnt want to be listed as a preschool.

Comment

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
                      Neither does mine. I use safari and firefox. I found "child care" and "daycare & preschool". But not daycare alone. I didnt want to be listed as a preschool.
                      This makes me feel a little better I don't even see a "childcare" option. Just "preschool" and "education"

Comment

This makes me feel a little better I don't even see a "childcare" option. Just "preschool" and "education"
                        Click about then page info
                        Category choose "local business" for both
                        Sub category type "child care" and it should come up
                        if you type daycare you will get "daycare & preschool"

(this is using firefox for my FB page)

hope that helps

Comment

Was waiting for an update, I guess only a few of us have the problem of there not being drop-down menus that show. I'm still stuck with local business, NO FAIR! I've tried from my phone internet on facebook.com, then tried the facebook app on phone. Tried both ways on my ipod. Tried using computer, tried using Mozilla. Ugh... first world problems hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
                            Click about then page info
                            Category choose "local business" for both
                            Sub category type "child care" and it should come up
                            if you type daycare you will get "daycare & preschool"

(this is using firefox for my FB page)

hope that helps
                            I have the same issue. If I choose Local Business for both, then "Local Business" is what appears under my child care name, even when I have Child Care under Subcategory. I opted for Education instead of Local Business.

Comment

Working...
                            X