Not Reading Policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiddlesticks View Post
    I give them all a Parent Handbook that they keep. When they sign the contract there is a line for all of the important items that they must initial.

Examples: I/We have read the illness policy in its entirety and agree to follow all policies and procedures. ______
    I/We have read the payment policy in its entirety and agree to follow all policies and procedures. ____
    I/We have read the severe weather closure policy in its entirety and agree to follow all policies and procedures. _____

It has been years since someone tried to get away with violating my policies (well, they still try to sneak them in sick, but at least they pick up right away when I call, and follow the 24 hours exclusion policy without questioning it!) I think the phrase "in its entirety" makes them take it seriously.
    I think I need to change my contract again. Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      I have those same statements at the end of the handbook and require parents to initial the statements. I also have the following (which they must also initial)

"Failure to read the handbook does not give me permission to violate policies or be free from the consequences of violating policies" _______

That line has saved me a ton of times. Especially when parents say "Well, I didn't know" or "I must have missed that part" or anything similar.
      Oooh, I like that. I will have to add that as well.

Comment

I also have a family that obviously didnt read a dang thing i gave them ( contract or p&p) Its super frustrating!! Dcm is finishing up her masters in psycology but cant read a dang contract??:confused: and dcd just doesnt care but he is the one droping off and picking up well except last night when he just didnt show and mom got there 15 min late. MORE late fees coming their way! I too am just trying to replace its to much i cant care about their disfunction anymore!!
        Azchildcarepvdr

Comment

Another great tactic for getting parents to read your handbook is to hide a "discount phrase" somewhere randomly in your pages.

I add something like "the discount word is 'toddlers'. Tell me this word and what page you found it on and you will receive a $10 discount on your next invoice. This discount is valid for the first 30 days of services."

I hide the phrase in different spots, use a different amount for a discount and use a different word each time. That way another family can't tell a new family where the secret discount is hidden.

Surprisingly only 1 parent in the last year did not find the word and take advantage of the discount.

Comment

funny

Another great tactic for getting parents to read your handbook is to hide a "discount phrase" somewhere randomly in your pages.

I add something like "the discount word is 'toddlers'. Tell me this word and what page you found it on and you will receive a $10 discount on your next invoice. This discount is valid for the first 30 days of services."

I hide the phrase in different spots, use a different amount for a discount and use a different word each time. That way another family can't tell a new family where the secret discount is hidden.

Surprisingly only 1 parent in the last year did not find the word and take advantage of the discount.

That is too funny

Comment

This is amazing! Thanks for the laugh!

I don't print off ANY paperwork for clients. I send everything via pdf files in an e-mail. They can print out what they need or just keep it on their devices.

I had a mom once a few years ago (I posted about her) that would question my policies DAILY!

It got really old really fast.... so one day I once again was "refreshing" her memory as to what my handbook said and she could tell I was a bit miffed so she replied "Well, it's not like I keep a copy of your policies in my purse" (really snarky)

So me, being me I took my handbook (all 35 pages) and printed it off in a teeny tiny purse sized booklet and gave it to her at pick up.

She was not amused.

But myself and the parent who happened to catch the morning conversation exchange as well as the gifting of my teeny tiny purse sized handbook, pretty much laughed until we cried after the DCM left. :: ::

Comment

I don't print off ANY paperwork for clients. I send everything via pdf files in an e-mail. They can print out what they need or just keep it on their devices.
                Ditto - I have links to all the forms on my website, and I email my handbook to parents before interviews and after enrolling. The only things I do on paper are the Food Program forms.

Comment

I've one the hidden discount for 2 years, 3 new families and one renewal. I pointedly tool the renewing family that there had been a lot of changes, so they needed to go over it. Then I had them sign a form that they had read it. No one has ever asked for the discount.

Comment

I had a mom once a few years ago (I posted about her) that would question my policies DAILY!

It got really old really fast.... so one day I once again was "refreshing" her memory as to what my handbook said and she could tell I was a bit miffed so she replied "Well, it's not like I keep a copy of your policies in my purse" (really snarky)

So me, being me I took my handbook (all 35 pages) and printed it off in a teeny tiny purse sized booklet and gave it to her at pick up.

She was not amused. :

But myself and the parent who happened to catch the morning conversation exchange as well as the gifting of my teeny tiny purse sized handbook, pretty much laughed until we cried after the DCM left. :: ::
                    Im over here tickled ::::::

Comment

Working...
                    X