Grrrr.... I Think I Might Take My Business FB Page Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrr.... I Think I Might Take My Business FB Page Down

So I got tagged last night in my dcm rant about how she hates hates hates bedtime because when her son has a nap at daycare he refuses to go to bed at night. I got rather pissy about it because of the replies from her friends. So I replied that she needed to go regulate on him and it will stop. She responded with it only makes it worse. Then I was like well put in ear plugs and go on about your night. She responded with that only works till he gets mad an then he just comes downstairs an gets in my face. My kids would never ever do this to me. EVER! It took all I had to just let all my frustration out an tell her you created this problem and I'm not going to sacrifice my precious few alone time so that you can put your child to bed an hour after he gets home. them she started complaining about how being a single working parent is sooooo hard. Then about how her 2-year old was still awake in her crib. I guess next she will want me to not make her nap either so that she can put her to bed at 6pm.
    Would it be rude for me to give her a copy of my 123 Magic book and insist she read it? I'm also going to tell her this morning that if he falls asleep I will not wake him up. It is law here that all children not in a school setting such as public preschool and up my have at least two hours of rest time. I do t ask or force this kid to nap he does it on his own.
    So I'm thinking about taking down my business FB so that I don't get tagged into these crazy things.

I believe there are settings so you can make it that you have to approve anything someone tags you in before it shows up. I think I would just tell the mom you were sorry he was having trouble with sleeping, hand her the book and then very firmly make it clear to not involve you in Facebook drama what so ever or she will be deleted/blocked etc. Its hard because so many people use fb and having a page is a great way for others to get information, but its sometimes not worth the drama.

But yeah, my kids wouldn't do this either. If they got out of bed they would silently be moved back to their bed how ever many times it took...but it's never an issue. They both take 2-3 hour naps and go to bed just fine at 7:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare View Post
      So I got tagged last night in my dcm rant about how she hates hates hates bedtime because when her son has a nap at daycare he refuses to go to bed at night. I got rather pissy about it because of the replies from her friends. So I replied that she needed to go regulate on him and it will stop. She responded with it only makes it worse. Then I was like well put in ear plugs and go on about your night. She responded with that only works till he gets mad an then he just comes downstairs an gets in my face. My kids would never ever do this to me. EVER! It took all I had to just let all my frustration out an tell her you created this problem and I'm not going to sacrifice my precious few alone time so that you can put your child to bed an hour after he gets home. them she started complaining about how being a single working parent is sooooo hard. Then about how her 2-year old was still awake in her crib. I guess next she will want me to not make her nap either so that she can put her to bed at 6pm.
      Would it be rude for me to give her a copy of my 123 Magic book and insist she read it? I'm also going to tell her this morning that if he falls asleep I will not wake him up. It is law here that all children not in a school setting such as public preschool and up my have at least two hours of rest time. I do t ask or force this kid to nap he does it on his own.
      So I'm thinking about taking down my business FB so that I don't get tagged into these crazy things.
      I would not get in to anything online with parents. Obviously her friends agree with her and to me that is a ploy to get it to look like you are wrong.

Either way, I would just repeat that your program is for nappers only. And leave it at that. If it's a deal breaker for her, then it is what it is. Just don't get drawn into any more drama over it.

And, no, my kids did not do stuff like that and get away with it. They may try it once and that's it. She needs to put on her parenting panties and deal with it. Change their bedtime routine, push back his bedtime, whatever. She needs to deal with it. Not you.

Comment

If you are tagged, you can remove the tag. I would never get into it with a parent online. Take it to messenger or do it by email or do it in person.

Comment

Wow, that seems wildly inappropriate on her part. You should be able to un-tag yourself in that post. Also, I'd block her and tell her to never include you in facebook drama again. I wouldn't engage in that if I were you. Just ignore the post and vent elsewhere (like here, .) I hate facebook for that reason, but I love it for its marketing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare View Post
            I am NOT a fb user and frankly, despise fb. BUT I would term this mom immediately. First off, most 2 year olds are in a bed not a crib but even if they are not, the child not sleeping is NOT your fault. Children play their parents like a fiddle and I would NOT let her continue playing you. Your nap does not cause her issues. If you comply with this, issues will continue to come up. Take hold of the situation right now. Good luck!

Comment

She tagged you in a complaint about you??? Is she nuts?? You can untag yourself, FYI. This would be grounds for dismissal in my book. She's trying to publicly shame you and it hurts your business to be tagged in such nonsense. Don't take your page down, just untag yourself. You can also change the settings on Facebook so that people cannot tag your business page.

Comment

How rude. She should have addressed the issue privately instead of getting in to a public power struggle. That's setting you up to lose. Not a fair fight IMO. Here it's required the children lay down for two hours so when I have parents who question naps or ask me to shorten them I come back to regulation. I don't feel like the bedtime routine is something worth struggling over. If you don't kick her to the curb I would invest some time in to the settings on Facebook to remove people from being able to tag you without your permission

Comment

Stuff like that is why I don't have a FB page for the daycare. She was seeking attention and probably has a similar gaggle of cackling hens who would agree with whatever whine she had, so you had no wining in there. Untag (and change settings so she can't do it without your approval) and tell her if she pulls that crap again she can find a new provider immediately.

Good luck.

Comment

I would be very upset over this. She publicly shamed you as a business owner. This is a conversation that she needed to have with you in person. She had an agenda by talking about you (tagging you) and it seems it worked. I would block her from you fb page and adjust your settings. I would have a serious conversation with this dcm not only about napping but also about respect.

Comment

Wow I would immediately term her.

Comment

Term. That behavior is just unacceptable. If she felt it okay to publicly shame you on Facebook, who knows what else she is saying about you.

This woman is a danger to your business and reputation. This is someone who thinks throwing a public tantrum is an acceptable way to get what she wants.
                        This will NOT get better.

Do not engage with her. She's not asking for your opinion or advice.

She's not ever going to pick up what you're putting down.

She thinks you work for her and should do as she says, period.

The only thing that should be said is "DCM, I feel that you are very unhappy with the care I'm providing Timmy. Since this is a NAPPING day care, I think it best if you find care elsewhere. The last day I will provide care is (today, two weeks, whatever - in this case an immediate term for blatant disrespect wouldn't be out of order) Here is the number for the child care referral. I wish your family the best of luck." Use your best, most sincere/understanding tone here - not only does it make you look more professional but it will probably make her more angry when she thinks you're not flustered or upset that she has to leave::

Good Luck!

Comment

I see fault in both parties. She should never have tagged you to complain. An adult goes to the source privately and discusses it not disses the person they blame openly.

..and of course her friends support and side with her, they are parents not providers so they see the parents side of this.

I don't think you as the provider should have responded with anything other than "Sally, I am sorry you feel the need top publically dis me when I've made it clear to you that I am bound by licensing rules when it comes to nap/rest time for kids under age 5."

In person I would have said: "I cannot control your parenting style any more than you can control my nap/rest regulations. The only option you have, other than changing up your bedtime routines is to accept and abide my nap/rest time rules or find alternate child care arrangements"

THAT ^^^ would have been the end of the conversation. I wouldn't suggest a book or any additional resources about napping as she is clearly not interested.

If DCM chose to bring it up again, I would terminate services immediately.

Comment

I would have just put "I don't provide service to children who don't NEED a full afternoon nap. Sounds like Johnny needs a no-nap daycare!!!!!!"

What's the point of getting into it? The ONLY thing she has on you is money. Once you tell her you will be happy to loose the money then it truly doesn't have a thing to do with you.

SUPPORT her assumption that he doesn't need a nap. She's the mom and she says he doesn't need one. Okie dokie... you are right. It must be SO hard at bedtime when he naps. I feel SO sorry for you.

He just can't be HERE with a no nap. That's your only message.

The problem always comes down to money. Do you want her money or not? If you want her money then you will have these discussions as long as you aren't doing as she wishes. If you don't want the discussions then keep him up so she can put him to bed shortly after arriving at home. She's not the first parent to want to only have their kid when the kid is asleep. She didn't invent it.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

She tags you, complaining about your business publicly, then expects to still do business with you? Nope, that would not fly here. I wouldn't argue with her online--doesn't look professional. I would term immediately, and remover her from my Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X