And The Sunscreen Drama Begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And The Sunscreen Drama Begins...

So remember the sunscreen battle issue? DCB is here today (1st day this week) and DCM sent a text saying she packed shorts in case it gets hot (cool in the mornings here). I said great sunscreen too right? She replied yes and I thought really?! No drama!? Woohoo!! Lol.

And then I get the next message saying to send it back with him and we can "share." Not how it works DCM! He needs to have some to leave here. I text her back a just no nonsense he needs some to stay here. And then I get the like 5 message long sob story of how HARD it was to find sunscreen and how its the ONLY one he has and that this is going to be solo difficult but oh its ok, you keep it I didn't engage at all, just said "sounds good! I'll let you know when we get low! Lol yeah she's mad. Who was it that said this was all about control? Because that is exactly what this is about! DCM has had 3 weeks, plenty of time to pick up 2 and I'm pretty sure when you bought the first one, they had more then one in the store

I got an email this morning from another part time family and although I wasn't going to accept anyone new until after this baby is here I'm seriously considering replacing them. Too much drama for me.

Sunscreen hard to find? Really? Um walk into any store and there are shelves upon shelves of it .

Comment

Lol I know! Its like we have about 5 drugstores, 2 grocery stores, Walmart and target all within a 5 mile radius. Her husband actally works IN one of those. Its just sunscreen for goodness sake!

Comment

Originally posted by finsup View Post
        So remember the sunscreen battle issue? DCB is here today (1st day this week) and DCM sent a text saying she packed shorts in case it gets hot (cool in the mornings here). I said great sunscreen too right? She replied yes and I thought really?! No drama!? Woohoo!! Lol.

And then I get the next message saying to send it back with him and we can "share." Not how it works DCM! He needs to have some to leave here. I text her back a just no nonsense he needs some to stay here. And then I get the like 5 message long sob story of how HARD it was to find sunscreen and how its the ONLY one he has and that this is going to be solo difficult but oh its ok, you keep it I didn't engage at all, just said "sounds good! I'll let you know when we get low! Lol yeah she's mad. Who was it that said this was all about control? Because that is exactly what this is about! DCM has had 3 weeks, plenty of time to pick up 2 and I'm pretty sure when you bought the first one, they had more then one in the store

I got an email this morning from another part time family and although I wasn't going to accept anyone new until after this baby is here I'm seriously considering replacing them. Too much drama for me.
        BINGO!! I knew it was about control and not one bit about sun screen.

You could always tell her since its so hard to find that you will gladly purchase some for him when he gets low and add it to her invoice.

Of course, charge a fee for your time, your troubles, your gas, the simple fact that you are doing something they could do themselves, a courtesy fee, a "power struggle" fee, a multiple texting fee and probably an eye exam fee for all the eye rolling you've had to do with this family. Good Grief!

I say, interview EVERYONE!! Sounds like anyone might be better and/or easier to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          BINGO!! I knew it was about control and not one bit about sun screen.

You could always tell her since its so hard to find that you will gladly purchase some for him when he gets low and add it to her invoice.

Of course, charge a fee for your time, your troubles, your gas, the simple fact that you are doing something they could do themselves, a courtesy fee, a "power struggle" fee, a multiple texting fee and probably an eye exam fee for all the eye rolling you've had to do with this family. Good Grief!

I say, interview EVERYONE!! Sounds like anyone might be better and/or easier to work with.
          Lol that's my plan for if she gets into it at pick up. Oh yeah, I was trying to stick it out until after this baby is born but October is a long ways away!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            and probably an eye exam fee for all the eye rolling you've had to do with this family. Good Grief! .
            I just about spit soda across my computer screen. Priceless.::

Comment

I loved one response from your other thread. Not sure who, but they buy a bunch of sunscreen and when someone forgets to bring some she writes the child's name with a sharpie on the bottle and charges double or triple what she actually paid for that bottle. Suddenly all the parents "remember" to bring their own in. No fuss.

Comment

Lo. Love it. Sunscreen is readily available this time of year AND it's available in a 2 pack for a discounted price!

Comment

Originally posted by NessaRose View Post
                  Lo. Love it. Sunscreen is readily available this time of year AND it's available in a 2 pack for a discounted price!
                  Lol I know! Its just like how dumb do you think I am that I would actually feel bad for you about this?!

But replacement family looks promising, I quoted them a somewhat high rate and they responded with my rate was perfect. I'm still a little in shock NO ONE has ever responded with that. In fact a good amount try to argue it down! Trying not to get too excited, I haven't met them yet, but man I would be so happy to replace and be done with this family before October.

Comment

If she doesn't want to leave it you could always tell her to apply it before he comes, and then you will call her to come reapply during the day if needed.

Comment

Does she want to get it back every day? To me it is not a problem. I will not remind her to bring it back. If parents provide sunscreen I apply it on a child. If they don't provide I don't apply. No drama.

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
                        Does she want to get it back every day? To me it is not a problem. I will not remind her to bring it back. If parents provide sunscreen I apply it on a child. If they don't provide I don't apply. No drama.
                        Parents can't give you permission to do the wrong thing. If they don't bring sunscreen and the provider allows the kid to go outside and the kid gets burnt, it's the provider who is in trouble.
                        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                          Parents can't give you permission to do the wrong thing. If they don't bring sunscreen and the provider allows the kid to go outside and the kid gets burnt, it's the provider who is in trouble.
                          This would fall under the category in my handbook that states that if a child is unprepared they will not be able to participate. So for me, this child would have to sit on the shaded deck while the others were playing if she did not have her sunblock

I missed the other post

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                            Nope. It means that PARENTS don't apply sunscreen when they bring a child here. It is their responsibility. I have no right to apply anything on a child if parents don't provide it.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyMom View Post
                              This would fall under the category in my handbook that states that if a child is unprepared they will not be able to participate. So for me, this child would have to sit on the shaded deck while the others were playing if she did not have her sunblock

I missed the other post
                              Yes, DCM wants it to go back and forth each day. I know some are fine with that, but it's just too much for me to keep track of. We have no shade right now (leaves aren't back) so the kids are in full sun anytime we're outdoors and I can't in good conscience not apply it I know with his skin he would def get burned. I don't want to be calling for pick up every time they forget it and have to deal with that over and over again. But basically this mom just wants to decide the rules and tell me how to do things. Which is not gonna happen she'll be paying oh a 30$ "summer fee" if she gives me a hard time at pick up. Then she can happily take her sunscreen home, I'll get 30 extra dollars and only 6 or so will have to go towards sunscreen .

Comment

Working...
                              X