Get out of my house now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
    I always give a little info about the day. But she was asking so many questions like what time did her dad feed her before drop off? Did her dad bring X? I dunno I just thought 25 minutes was extreme.
    oh I totally agree, was just explaining how I do it to give them the "hint" to leave. I would probably cut mom some slack because it was the first day but totally understand not wanting it to become a habit! Just be short and sweet and I find literally handing child over to them with a "have a great night" helps. Heck, I even hold the door open for some of them, LOL! ::

Comment

I have a good-bye routine I do each day with the kids. It is a high five and then a knucks and we say good-bye. If the parents don't "get it" I say something like "Hey so and so, do you think you could open the door for mommy?" Or "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." ONce we have already said good-bye there is no reason to stick around. It works for drop-off too: "So and so did you give mommy a high five and say goodbye?

For the ones who ask a lot of questions (like a baby's parents) I have it written out on an Infant Note.

Comment

Originally posted by crazydaycarelady View Post
        I have a good-bye routine I do each day with the kids. It is a high five and then a knucks and we say good-bye. If the parents don't "get it" I say something like "Hey so and so, do you think you could open the door for mommy?" Or "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." ONce we have already said good-bye there is no reason to stick around. It works for drop-off too: "So and so did you give mommy a high five and say goodbye?

For the ones who ask a lot of questions (like a baby's parents) I have it written out on an Infant Note.
        I do the daily note the first two weeks for ALL new kids. Crazy part is yesterday mom wouldn't even take it from me, I had to put it in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
          I removed all of the adult furniture from the daycare room except my chair, which I make sure to sit in when the parents arrive! I have found that if they can't comfortably 'pop a squat', they don't hang around long.
          I have the same set up and had a mom that would just sit Criss cross on the ground for upwards of 20 minutes. Finally I put it in the newsletter about 5 minute or less drop off/pick ups, and that worked for me. I have a hard time being confrontational so I was glad that did it!

Comment

Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
            I removed all of the adult furniture from the daycare room except my chair, which I make sure to sit in when the parents arrive! I have found that if they can't comfortably 'pop a squat', they don't hang around long.
            This. I don't even have a chair for me, because parents will sit in "my" chair if I'm not in it. It also means no comfortable seating for me, but I survive.

Don't underestimate a dcm or dcd's willingness to sit on the floor, though. It happens more than you would think.

Comment

Oh my gosh I had a mom that would come in every morning and sit right down on my couch.....and drag her good bye out for 10 mins most days!! It would set me crazy! Then when she finally got up to leave her 6 year old would jump up and run after here for more hugs or telling her don't leave. I would say "tell mom to have a good day at work", or "tell mom you will see her later"....finally she stopped doing it!

Comment

I have had to tell parents before that pick-ups and drop-offs need to be limited to 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by crazydaycarelady View Post
                  I have had to tell parents before that pick-ups and drop-offs need to be limited to 10 minutes.
                  I may try that one! But, have you ever had to set a timer? LOL.

Comment

I just ordered antiickypoo. I hate to say the pet smells are worse than I want to admit.

Comment

Not that it helps but my policy does state that pickups are 5 minutes or less.
                      I have a driveway bell. It goes off when n someone pulls in. Then you could get the coat ready or shoes, etc.
                      http://www.gadgetshack.com/all-categ...-slxoCI1nw_wcB

Comment

Um my last post belonged on another thread wonder how that happened. I now have a note on the door saying drop offs and pickups must be limited to five minutes, more than that and they need to request a conference. Yesterday was shorter, hopefully it will continue to improve.

Comment

Working...
                        X