Does Anyone Have Any Good Lines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Have Any Good Lines...

For telling a prospective family that you no longer are interested?

I had an interview last week that went fairly well. It got a little tense when she tried to negotiate different hours than what we discussed, and I think she might be difficult in the future.

I'd like to keep them on a wait list, but if they decide they want the spot, I need a good line as to why I pretty much said the spot was open and then changes my mind?!

Thanks for any help!

Since we last spoke, the position has been filled. Would you like me to keep you on a waiting list?

Comment

Originally posted by Martha Stewart View Post
      Since we last spoke, the position has been filled. Would you like me to keep you on a waiting list?

Easy peasy!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

The above one is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Martha Stewart View Post

Yup, this.

Unless you still need to advertise to fill the spot and they may see it. Then "I'm sorry, but I don't believe my program is a good fit for your family."

Comment

Why not just tell her the truth

Sorry DCM sounds like the hours you are seeking are not hours we provide. I wish you the best of luck in your search for care. I am attaching the phone number to resource and referral to help with your search.

I would not enter a relationship with anyone who tried to strong arm me for any reason. If she thinks she can do it now just wait and see what she will do next.

Comment

I agree with daycare and you might find by telling her those words she goes back to the hours you originally talked about and ends up being an awesome client. I've had a few like this and as long as I take control right away they've ended up being great clients.

Comment

Working...
                X