Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• before and after school care, summer rates

Hello,
    Curious if you all increase rates for school kids during breaks from school? especially during summer, but spring break is next...
    I want to be fair to my families and to myself!

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by alicia@home View Post
    Hello,
    Curious if you all increase rates for school kids during breaks from school? especially during summer, but spring break is next...
    I want to be fair to my families and to myself!

Thanks in advance!
    I no longer take school age kids but when I did, I charged the same weekly rate I charged regular kids.

School kids are harder on your equipment, tough to entertain and need more supervision than a group of toddlers so I don't know why some states lower the fee/rate for school age kids.

ANY time a school ager was here for a half or whole day, the rate was the same as anyone else attending.

For B/A care, I had one flat rate for before school and one flat weekly rate for after school. When non school days came up, I just adjusted their weekly rate to reflect the full days care.

I don't discount for absent or sick days and charge weekly only (3, 4 or 5 day options). No hourly breakdowns.

Comment

I do $50/we for full time students. $15/day extra for no school days. I charge that fee regardless of attendance unless they tell me 2 weeks in advance that they won't be there. During the summer I do my regular contract.

Comment

For before school I used to charge one hour flat rate. The bus got here 10 minutes after I opened.

Comment

Working...
        X