First snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First snow!

Four years ago, my first daycare mom asked me to be sure and take pictures of her kids if there was ever any snow. The last of her children left my care exactly 1 month ago. I never got a picture of them in the snow, because we haven't had any snow. This morning, we got snow. It was too late for M and H, but I got to introduce a 4 year old and a 2 year old to their first snow. It was only about 1 1/2", but they loved it! We built a snowman-only about 6" high, but definitely a snowman. I showed them how to roll snowballs, and they had a glorious time. OF course, it's 1:30 in the afternoon now, and it is all melted away, but it was fun while it lasted.

Originally posted by Sunchimes View Post
    Four years ago, my first daycare mom asked me to be sure and take pictures of her kids if there was ever any snow. The last of her children left my care exactly 1 month ago. I never got a picture of them in the snow, because we haven't had any snow. This morning, we got snow. It was too late for M and H, but I got to introduce a 4 year old and a 2 year old to their first snow. It was only about 1 1/2", but they loved it! We built a snowman-only about 6" high, but definitely a snowman. I showed them how to roll snowballs, and they had a glorious time. OF course, it's 1:30 in the afternoon now, and it is all melted away, but it was fun while it lasted.
    What a fabulous memory you helped make!!!

Comment

Aww, that's sweet. I've got tons I can send you (in MA) ::

Comment

Thanks for sharing, what a sweet memory!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shell View Post
          I wish I lived where snow was rare. This is our yard...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	430.6 KB
ID:	982809

Comment

Oh my word. Our snow was completely gone by 1:30. School kids were sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunchimes View Post
              Oh my word. Our snow was completely gone by 1:30. School kids were sad.
              We'll be able to say this, too.....probably sometime in August!

Sounds as though you all had lots of fun in the snow. It must have been so great watching the kids experience snow for the first time.

Originally posted by Shell View Post
              My husband shoveled out a path in the yard and had my son stand in the middle of it while he took a picture. He's about 5'10" and the snow was up to his arm pits! We've had to play in the driveway this winter because the kids can't move in the snow in the yard. They love climbing up and down the snow "mountains" on either side of the driveway, though, and they sleep really well at nap time!

Comment

Working...
              X