Funny CL Postings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny CL Postings

I listed agin on CL and I went to see if my ad was live and I ran across two funny ads and thought if I was looking for DC would I really want to call these people;

My name is wes and I need a live in sitter. This person will not want for anything ill cover it all. If your interested call me at ******xx thanks

Christian Home that provide a loving and safe environment for child or childrens.
    affordable rate ,limited space. infants 8wk -all ages accepted :confused:

My name is wes.I'm looking for a live in nanny Free rent food and money on for what ever needed. Needs to be younger because the kids are young . Call me at *********x I'm in great need of the help . Thanks (this guy is desperate haha)

Hi, Im Kalee and im 16 years old and Im a junior in highschool . Im looking to start babysitting newborns to 5years in the Arlington , Cordova, Bartlett, Lakeland , and Oakland areas. Im pregnant with my first child and absolutely LOVE kids! Im now homeschooled so Im avalible almost anytime! I do drive. Im very responsible with kids and have expierence babysitting and younger siblings. Im due in April so im lookng for some extra income. Im trustworthy and enjoy being around kids! Im not the kind of babysitter who would sit around on the phone all day either! Im very active and love to play! Very affordable also! Give me a call at ********* or email me at Prep*********x@ayhoo.com!

Me and My Niece Are Putting Ourselves Out On The Market For People Who Can't Afford To Pay Alot Of Money For Babysitters. We are Very Good With Kids. I Have Been Babysitting Since i Was 13 Now I Am 34 And My Niece Has Alot Of Experience With Children , She's 16. We Will Negotiate The Prices With You , We can babysit for any ages, But We'd Like to do it In our Home.
    Please Contact Me With Any Concerns Or If You Need Our Services.

These are ads in my local area on CL. If I was a parent looking for childcare, and I read these ads, I would NEVER even consider calling them. Maybe this is why I get at least one if not two calls a day for childcare. I can't believe the last one...."Putting ourselves out on the market ::

Anyone else got some funny CL ads in their area? I could use some more laughs today!!

* I need a Babysitter * Do you need a Place to Live? \--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-12-28, 9:18PM CST
    Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in a duplex on the 1st floor

The 2nd floor is open to rent for $900

I need a babysitter for my 2 year old

I will pay $600 towards your rent upstairs if you can watch my child during my work hours. (You would have to come up with $300 yourself for rent)

Hours I need daycare are....

Friday 11:00am-10:30pm
    Saturday 2:00pm-10:30pm
    Sunday 2:00pm-10:30pm
    Monday 11:00am-10:30pm
    maybe not 'funny' but I wouldn't take it, not with those hours.

Comment

* I need a Babysitter * Do you need a Place to Live? \--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Date: 2010-12-28, 9:18PM CST
      Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in a duplex on the 1st floor

The 2nd floor is open to rent for $900

I need a babysitter for my 2 year old

I will pay $600 towards your rent upstairs if you can watch my child during my work hours. (You would have to come up with $300 yourself for rent)

Hours I need daycare are....

Friday 11:00am-10:30pm
      Saturday 2:00pm-10:30pm
      Sunday 2:00pm-10:30pm
      Monday 11:00am-10:30pm

But what happens if he gets mad at the babysitter and he does not pay her Then she would have to move. And how could she come up with the $300.00 when she works long hours for him? People will do about anything these days. To funny!!!

Comment

I don't know if this is funny so much as "OMG my eyeballs are on fire":

AS A MOTHER I KNOW HOW HARD AND STRESSFUL IT IS TO FIND RELIABLE/ AFFORDABLE CHILDCARE. SO I AM HERE TO GIVE YOU AND YOUR CHIILDREN OUTSTANDING CHILDCARE AT VERY COMPETITIVE RATES.

**************ABOUT ME********************

MY NAME IS ________, I HAVE BEEN A ________ RESIDENT FOR THE MOST PART OF MY LIFE. MY FIANCE AND I HAVE OWNED AND OPERATED OUR ________ BUSINESS FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW. I'VE ALWAYS DONE THE PAPER AND LEGAL WORK FOR THE BUSINESS, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO THE ECONOMY OUR BUSINESS HAS SLOWED DOWN A BIT. WHICH IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I HAVE DECIDED TO DO CHILDCARE IN MY HOME. I HAVE ALOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH CHILDREN, BESIDES BEING A FULL TIME MOTHER TO MY DAUGHTER CHRISTIANNA (21 mos), I HAVE 2 NIECES AND 2 NEPHEWS WHICH I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF TIME WITH SINCE THEY WERE FIRST BORN THE OLDEST BEING 5 YEARS AND THE YOUNGEST BEING 6 MOS.I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DEALING WITH CHILDREN ON A REGULAR BASIS. ALTHOUGH ALL CHILDREN CAN GET A BIT TESTY AT TIMES I HAVE LEARNED THAT INTERACTING WITH THEM, ALLOWING THEM TO EXPRESS THEIRSELVES, AND JUST GIVING THEM THE ATTENTION THEY DESERVE IS VERY EFFECTIVE AND REFLECTS THEIR BEHAVIOR TREMENDOUSLY.
        I HAVE BEEN A STAY HOME MOM SINCE MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 4MOS, AND I TRULY ENJOY IT. I BELIEVE THAT GIVING CHILDCARE IN MY HOME WILL BE A REALLY GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR MY DAUGHTER AS WELL AS YOUR CHILD (CHILDREN) I CAN GAURANTEE THAT OUR CHILDREN WILL GROW VERY WELL TOGETHER IN MY HOME, WHICH I HAVE SET UP LIKE A DAYCARE!

I removed the names, and I took out about four more paragraphs of this all caps madness. The sad thing is, this lady really does sound ok, but I see all caps and limited punctuation and go "next", so I'm sure parents do as well.

Comment

New Years Eve Child Care (Superior)

Date: 2010-12-28, 6:25PM CST

I own a licensed day care and will be watching children New Years Eve. Any Age is fine but I do have a limited number of pack and plays, so contact me right away if you have an infant. I will charge $35 for any child under one and $30 if they are over the age of one. Children can be dropped off anytime after 6pm and must be picked up by 10am. I will provide dinner around 6:30 of pizza, snacks and breakfast. You can feel comfortable leaving your children with me as I have a license to watch them. I have my CPR certificate as well as degree in Early Childhood Education. Email for more information or call me ***-***-**** (Miranda) I can also give you references upon request. Thanks and hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years

I did not realize that just because you have a license that parents should feel so safe!?!?!

Comment

LOL, the putting ourselves on the market had me laughing too! What is wrong with people?!

I see a TON of poor grammar and simple spelling errors in ads too. Those really bug me, especially when they go on and on about all the preschool things they're going to teach kids. And they, themselves, can't spell simple words.

I've seen a few that look like people text the post from their phone, such as..."

"lookin 2 provide childcare in ur home"

One day, I felt compelled to reply to someone's ridiculous posting. It was a woman and her sister who were looking to start daycare for approximately 20 kids total to watch in her APARTMENT. Yes, 20. She was clearly unlicensed and had no intention of becoming licensed. In my state, you can only legally care for one unrelated family. Her ad said that they weren't "open" yet, but looking to start in 2-3 weeks if they could get enough kids. She was posting to see how many people would be interested. Ummmm, zero????

I emailed her and politely told her that she can't care for that many children unlicensed. She emailed me back with at least 20 swear words in it, telling me that I probably was some rich stay at home mom (ha!) who had no idea what it was like to struggle to provide for a family and how dare I try to tell her what she can't do and that she can watch 30 kids if she likes!

Sometimes, I hate the licensing process, but when you run into people like that, it makes you know why it's the way it is!

Some people's children.... ::

Comment

Here is another one;

Young mother wanting to babysit!ANYTIME (Memphis,TN)

Date: 2010-12-21, 11:31PM CST
              Reply to: comm-h5ecv-2124952750@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hello! My name is Mary, but everyone calls me Laney. I am 21 and a mother of 2. I live in the midtown area in an apartment. My husband and I are finally living together and I'm
              Looking for extra income. I need this for many reasons but hopefully move to a bigger home for us all! I love my life and the area I live in. I am experienced in disabled children. When I was about 13 I took on babysitting my twin cousins. One of which had epilepsy. It was so bad she hit her head many times a day. She is better now.. When I did sit for my aunt, I had to follow serious guidelines to my cousin's medication. My children would love someone to play with and I would like to have another child here part time. They could be from newborn to 5 years. I do not smoke or drink/do drugs. I have no criminal history either. If interests please contact me via email and we will go from there. I could go to your home or he child can come to mine .

Wow!! Finally living together and looking for extra income and she needs this for many reasons...hummmm

Comment

Originally posted by Daycare_Mama View Post
                LOL, the putting ourselves on the market had me laughing too! What is wrong with people?!

I see a TON of poor grammar and simple spelling errors in ads too. Those really bug me, especially when they go on and on about all the preschool things they're going to teach kids. And they, themselves, can't spell simple words.

I've seen a few that look like people text the post from their phone, such as..."

"lookin 2 provide childcare in ur home"

One day, I felt compelled to reply to someone's ridiculous posting. It was a woman and her sister who were looking to start daycare for approximately 20 kids total to watch in her APARTMENT. Yes, 20. She was clearly unlicensed and had no intention of becoming licensed. In my state, you can only legally care for one unrelated family. Her ad said that they weren't "open" yet, but looking to start in 2-3 weeks if they could get enough kids. She was posting to see how many people would be interested. Ummmm, zero????

I emailed her and politely told her that she can't care for that many children unlicensed. She emailed me back with at least 20 swear words in it, telling me that I probably was some rich stay at home mom (ha!) who had no idea what it was like to struggle to provide for a family and how dare I try to tell her what she can't do and that she can watch 30 kids if she likes!

Sometimes, I hate the licensing process, but when you run into people like that, it makes you know why it's the way it is!

Some people's children.... ::
                20 children??? There is No way one person could watch 20 children!! And in an Apartment!!

Comment

"My husband and I are planning on having a family very soon but I just wanted to get ideas on childcare costs before hand.

We live in the Fairport area and would probably need care at least 4 days a week, maybe 5 for 7 - 7.5 hrs a day.

We are really only able to afford about $75 a week or $20 a day but could possibly manage a bit more if we can't find good care for that price.

Please don't email me if your fees are more than $150 a week, we just aren't able to afford that.

Email me your fees and maybe a little about yourself (if you have kids and how many other kids you watch) and I'll keep your name in my book for the near future. Thank you."

In this area, the price of the cheapest home is 200K! Here is a response to this post!

"If you can only afford 20 dollors a day?/ One, either stop trying to get pregnant now.. because for 20 a day?? u will get the bottom of the barrel.. We have to claim that as income, this is our job, and as much as we like our jobs... Its a job... Dont write if we charge 150.00?? Oh we wont.. i charge 175 for an infant.. and earn every penny..
                  2nd.. maybe apply for daycare assistance.. where they will pay for care for you if u cannot afford it.. BUT!!! and i know I will get a few nasty emails for saying this.. But.. Ah, what the hell...If you cannot afford for care for your child, then why would you bring a child into this world? it does cost money to care for a child properly.. Maybe that sounds mean.. But, its reaity!! If you cannot afford for someone to care for your child, i wonder what else you may not b able to pay for.. Formula is expensive, diapers... BUT!!!! You live in Fairport... Not a cheap town to live in..Thats like me saying I live in Webster and cant afford daycare.. ok, I wouldnt be living here if I couldnt..
                  Just a thought and or, thanks for the laugh!! "

Comment

Originally posted by gbcc View Post
                    "My husband and I are planning on having a family very soon but I just wanted to get ideas on childcare costs before hand.

We live in the Fairport area and would probably need care at least 4 days a week, maybe 5 for 7 - 7.5 hrs a day.

We are really only able to afford about $75 a week or $20 a day but could possibly manage a bit more if we can't find good care for that price.

Please don't email me if your fees are more than $150 a week, we just aren't able to afford that.

Email me your fees and maybe a little about yourself (if you have kids and how many other kids you watch) and I'll keep your name in my book for the near future. Thank you."

In this area, the price of the cheapest home is 200K! Here is a response to this post!

"If you can only afford 20 dollors a day?/ One, either stop trying to get pregnant now.. because for 20 a day?? u will get the bottom of the barrel.. We have to claim that as income, this is our job, and as much as we like our jobs... Its a job... Dont write if we charge 150.00?? Oh we wont.. i charge 175 for an infant.. and earn every penny..
                    2nd.. maybe apply for daycare assistance.. where they will pay for care for you if u cannot afford it.. BUT!!! and i know I will get a few nasty emails for saying this.. But.. Ah, what the hell...If you cannot afford for care for your child, then why would you bring a child into this world? it does cost money to care for a child properly.. Maybe that sounds mean.. But, its reaity!! If you cannot afford for someone to care for your child, i wonder what else you may not b able to pay for.. Formula is expensive, diapers... BUT!!!! You live in Fairport... Not a cheap town to live in..Thats like me saying I live in Webster and cant afford daycare.. ok, I wouldnt be living here if I couldnt..
                    Just a thought and or, thanks for the laugh!! "
                    Love the response on that one! We had a similar one in our CL postings, basically the person had 2 kids and needed childcare, but could only afford something ridiculously low, like $75/week for both!! Someone responded about the same as this person did that you found - get real, you won't get anything above child molesters for that kind of money. Funny, but I haven't seen her post again about needing childcare!

Comment

Here is another funny one! This was posted a wk before New Years so are we really to believe that it's for an emergency?!::

I'm in need of a Babysitter who can do over nights for New Years must have experience and be willing to have fun with children the ages of my children are 3,4, and 8 this is because I have to go out of town for a Family Emergency but please call this can be in your home or our home. I'm sorry about the short notice.

My e-mail system is down so you would have to please call ***-***-***x 585-***-***x

This is very important and hope somebody can help in time of need.

Comment

Original poster- that craigslist area is semi-local to me too, I go to the Jackson area one more often, those ads are even more brutal...people charging $55 a WEEK for fulltime care including meals AND diapers!

Comment

Originally posted by gbcc View Post
                          Here is another funny one! This was posted a wk before New Years so are we really to believe that it's for an emergency?!::

I'm in need of a Babysitter who can do over nights for New Years must have experience and be willing to have fun with children the ages of my children are 3,4, and 8 this is because I have to go out of town for a Family Emergency but please call this can be in your home or our home. I'm sorry about the short notice.

My e-mail system is down so you would have to please call ***-***-***x 585-***-***x

This is very important and hope somebody can help in time of need.
                          This one is to funny!! So grab a babysitter you don't know to leave the children with and go out of town!! And the strange babysitter can even stay in their home. What!!! So they come back and kids have been sold on the black market and the house is empty This person must be crazy!!

Comment

I am looking to find a responsible babysitter for my 2 children when I am at work.

My daughter is 5, almost 6
                            And my son is 4

Hours would vary depending on my work schedule. Usually I would need a babysitter a few days a week (once in a while more). I might need help getting my daughter off the bus at roughly 330 (gets dropped off a block away from my house), and my son (gets dropped off at the house) at about 4pm.

Transportation is a must, since I do not have my driver's license.

This would be paid for by DHS! And references are greatly appreciated.

I would also appreciate if sometime you could help me with rides to work (but is not a necessity when buses run).

Please call me if this sounds like something you are interested in, or if you have any questions.

*The bold is mine. I just thought that was a little weird.

Also, before I was licensed, I was looking for a side job, and replied to an ad for a babysitter. We met up, the girl was 7mo at the time, and at the interview, mom tells me that she likes to hit, pinch, bite and kick. Luckily they went with someone else. A year later, when I was licensed and had my own ads out looking for children, she replied to my ad. We both realized after we had set a time for interview that we had already done this before. She came anyway and this little girl was a monster!! She threw temper tantrums, tried to squish the life out of my kitties (with mom and grandma barely doing anything about it). Just a total monster! Well, again, they didn't go with me (which at that point I probably wouldn't have taken her anyway). A few months later, I see an ad for a babysitter - this woman was trying to bring kids into her home to watch and make money off of. But the really funny part was that she described her dd as a precious angel who was a joy to play with and learn from!! She probably got kicked out of so many daycares that mom decided to quit her job and stay home and babysit.

Comment

Oh, and another funny one. I know this girl, she used to be good friends with my dd. She is 19 now, and she still lives at home, where her mom does daycare (and has for ages). She always has an ad out looking for a babysitting/nanny position. She has a ton of experience, and a good amount of training, and she's probably a very good caregiver. But....in every ad she includes pics of herself with kids. Different kids/pics each ad. In every one of the pics, the kids either look scared or angry!! Um....if you are trying to get babysitting jobs, wouldn't you want to post pics of you with smiling, happy children??

Comment

Working...
                              X