So Ticked Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Ticked Off

This morning the dcg who started in Sept who is always dropped off at 8:15 or later when we have to get my dd to the bus stop by 8:10 shows up at 7:50. Of course there is no school so we don't have to leave the house. Totally ticked me off. Then mom bought in girl's 2 dolls with a little play crib. I swear since she started in every newsletter I state that no toys are to be bought. I don't have room for her to bring all her toys. This is the mom who knows not how to say no to her 3 yr old. When she's being picked up/dropped mom hardly says 2 words to me. She will talk to my kids or the other dckids. I"m really thinking of writing up a termination letter. I really could use the money, but I'm not willingly to get high blood pressure of her.

I would tell mom when she drops off oh here don't forget the dolls and crib. As you know no toys from home are allowed.

Comment

who is always dropped off at 8:15 or later when we have to get my dd to the bus stop by 8:10
      I know this doesn't help you today, but as for this... I'd just go to the bus stop on time and forget DCG. Let them wait for you to get back! I guarantee that after a few times of this happening, it'll stop, and if not, maybe they'll leave and spare you the trouble of terming!

Comment

We have left the house before she showed up, sometimes on purpose. She just unloads her daughter's stuff (blankets, insulated bag, duffel bag of extra clothes, etc) on my porch and drives down to the bus stop and drops her off with us there.

Comment

Oh I feel your frustration! I termed a family because the mom didn't say much to me at all, I found that so RUDE! Plus other issues, such as I CLOSE AT 5, how many times do I have to say it, and shows up at 5:15-5:20 and suprised when I ad a late fee....her son played her like a piano and that behavior was shown here.

So ya, I know how you feel!

Comment

I have two questions.

Why did you let the toys in the house?

Why do you let her drop off outside of her contracted hours and effect your family's morning?

Please don't think I am being ugly. I really don't need an answer....I just want you to ask them of yourself and decide who is running your business

Chin up, it gets MUCH better once standing up for yourself is second nature.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by melissa ann View Post
              We have left the house before she showed up, sometimes on purpose. She just unloads her daughter's stuff (blankets, insulated bag, duffel bag of extra clothes, etc) on my porch and drives down to the bus stop and drops her off with us there.
              That is where she would find them. Lol. At pickup.

Comment

What are her contracted hours? If she was outside of her contracted hours I would NOT have opened the door until she was contracted to arrive. Period.

Comment

When she signed the agreement she said 7:45 drop off and 4:15. So her showing up at 7:50 yesterday was actually close to that time. However, she's always late at dropping off. I think this was the first time she showed up before 8.
                  I really did think about leaving her toys on the porch. Our porch sits up higher than the others in the neighborhood and it's closed in except for the side steps to get on the porch. No one on the sidewalk can see what's on the porch.

Comment

I would tell the parent that you have a "new" rule the next time she drops off. So, if she comes tomorrow tell the mom you have a new rule and that toys are no longer allowed to be brought from home. Any toys will be given back to the parent immediately if they're brought inside the house. If you introduce it as a "new" rule she might listen. Tell her it's effective immediately, even if she didn't bring a toy today, she can't bring one tomorrow or the next day. Good luck! If she is your first arrival of the day, you should make sure to be ready for her so you can clearly state the new rule, , to her mom and/or dad verbally.

Comment

I'm so mean about toys....it's like Hotel California here....toys can check in any time they like but they can NEVER leave. Toys have come VERY rarely and once a kid figures out it can't leave...and now belongs to me then it doesn't happen again. I adopted this rule after I had so many issues with toys from home. Have had this rule for several years now and haven't had a single toy even try to sneak in.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                        I'm so mean about toys....it's like Hotel California here....toys can check in any time they like but they can NEVER leave. Toys have come VERY rarely and once a kid figures out it can't leave...and now belongs to me then it doesn't happen again. I adopted this rule after I had so many issues with toys from home. Have had this rule for several years now and haven't had a single toy even try to sneak in.....
                        I LOVE the "Hotel California" rule!!!!! :::: That is so funny!! I bet if more folks adopted it there would never be another "toys from home" issue, EVER...

Smarty pants!!!
                        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

That's an excellent rule to have! What gets me is when I remind a parent at pick up that items from home need to stay home next time, they always say, "Oh, I'm surprised dcm (or dcd, whoever the other parent is) let them bring this in!" btw, the toys can "sneak in" sometimes because when parent drops off, if I'm not in the entrance as they walk in, the child can already have their toy in their cubby before I see them. Of course when I find out later I remind the child of the rule and tell them to put it back in their cubby. I have show and tell days or special days where something from home gets to be brought to Preschool at least once or twice a month, and those are usually the days they "forget" to bring something!

Comment

Ugh! I have never had this happen but it would be easy for me to get around this. Recent changes in our regs require us to indicate exactly when we assume/relinquish responsibility for the child. For example, my contract states that my responsibility begins when the child walks into my front door and ends when they leave through the front door. I would not tell her that this is why I can no longer allow her to drop off at the bus stop. Period. If I am not there, she would just have to wait at the house for me to return or start dropping off at her contracted time.

When she signed the agreement she said 7:45 drop off and 4:15. So her showing up at 7:50 yesterday was actually close to that time. However, she's always late at dropping off. I think this was the first time she showed up before 8.
                            I really did think about leaving her toys on the porch. Our porch sits up higher than the others in the neighborhood and it's closed in except for the side steps to get on the porch. No one on the sidewalk can see what's on the porch.
                            As annoying as she is, she was technically within her contracted hours. I have a parent who is contracted to arrive at 9am but arrives at 9:45 about 90% of the time. I don't complain because she A) isn't my first client and B)she regularly picks up early. Only thing I can suggest is maybe to change her contract to say that her new hours are 8:15-4:15 and that drop offs will only be allowed at your residence.

Comment

I wasn't really annoyed with the time she dropped off. What irked me was that school was out due to the holidays so we didn't have to leave to the bus stop. If she can get here before 8 when my dd doesn't have school, then why can't she get here at that time when we do have to go to the bus stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X