Cloth Diapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He is only 11 weeks old, so maybe it is the fit. They look fine, but maybe the pee is squishing out from a tight fit. I change him so often to avoid a leak, but it still happens 1-3 times in a 10-hour day. They use disposable at home. The smell isn't bad yet, except for the storage bag. I put that out on front step and that annoys them too. Sorry, I don't want my house to smell like a bag of dirty diapers. Yuck! I will suggest the stripping and fit to them. Thank you for your input! He came in disposables today.
    No way! How can they expect you do do cloth when they don't? That's ridiculous!

I put dirty the diapers in a plastic shopping bag and then into the wet bag. It helps a lot with the smell.

Comment

And yes, it is super annoying to know that I am dealing with this mularchy and they take the easy way at home. I know from experience if I whine about that they will just lie, and I guess I would rather know the truth and complain about it to my friends and husband, than be lied to!
      What??? Sposies at home. Oh no. That's mean to you.

Comment

Do you know what they're made of? I used to make/sell cloth diapers and IME natural materials like cotton/hemp/bamboo hold wetness better than things like microfiber. If the inner layers/pocket inserts are microfiber they may not be holding the wetness well enough. Also, there may not be enough layers of absorbency.

ITA that a good cloth diaper that fits well and is laundered correctly should't leak, but there's lots of variables that could effect things.

Comment

That's funny- mine do disposables at home too.
          At first the mom told me that dcd refuses to deal with cloth, but mom preferred it. No biggie. Then dcm started dropping off in the morning and dcg was wearing disposables too.
          Oh well. As long as I GET diapers, and I'M not doing the cleaning of said diapers- I don't care

Comment

Just my opinion, but if they do disposables at home and you are having continuous issues with the cloth diapers (for whatever reason), I would keep it simple and just say that I have chosen to only do disposables at daycare for sanitary reasons. They can provide them or pay $10 more a week and you provide them. If they are doing disposable at home, chances are they are not properly cleaning and maintaining the cloth diapers they provide for you and that could be causing the absorption to be compromised. If they are not willing to do it at home, then it must not be that important to them. I personally charge a higher fee for cloth diapering, so most parents don't do it, and I prefer it that way

Comment

We do cloth at home and disposables at daycare. I would LOVE it if my center would do cloth, but they are bound by Army regs.

I can say that the only time I've had a problem with cloth leaking was when he outgrew the absorbency of his newborn diapers and when the next set of diapers was new. I bought a set of AI2s with microfiber inserts. Supposedly the microfiber didn't need to be prepped. But they did. They really, really did. After they were prepped we haven't had a problem with them. I haven't had to strip them. This may have to do with the fact that I use a cloth diaper specific soap and have a washing machine dedicated to diaper laundry.

Comment

Fit, stripping, toss an extra pad in, use a plastic diaper cover.

He's 11 weeks old and this is their first baby? First time using cloth? Did she use fabric softener on them?

Also---LOL at disposable at home, cloth at daycare. The expense to up the size cloth diapers will far outweigh the cost it would be to just provide disposables for daycare. NOT getting that logic.

Comment

Just my opinion, but if they do disposables at home and you are having continuous issues with the cloth diapers (for whatever reason), I would keep it simple and just say that I have chosen to only do disposables at daycare for sanitary reasons. They can provide them or pay $10 more a week and you provide them. If they are doing disposable at home, chances are they are not properly cleaning and maintaining the cloth diapers they provide for you and that could be causing the absorption to be compromised. If they are not willing to do it at home, then it must not be that important to them. I personally charge a higher fee for cloth diapering, so most parents don't do it, and I prefer it that way

Comment

Working...
                  X