Upstairs Restroom??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstairs Restroom??

So in IL if you use your upstairs for care, it must be inspected by a fire marshall. Well, the only part of our home that will be used upstairs is the bathroom. I've already talked to licensing and they said that if it is ONLY the bathroom, there is no issue and I will not need a fire marshall to inspect.

BUT my question is if anyone else has their bathroom upstairs. How does this work with older children who are PT? Do you send them up alone? Leave the youngins (gasp) alone while you run upstairs with the child using the potty?? I plan to keep a potty chair downstairs also, btw.

Luckily the bathroom is RIGHT at the top of the stairs so they don't wander around upstairs. I also plan to gate the rest of the upstairs so it is inaccessible.

I have a bathroom upstairs too and since right now the only one potty trained is my 3 yr old son, I just send him up alone.

During the summer, when I had school age kids (6 yr olds), I would let them go up alone and just stand by the stairs where I could listen to them. I used to have my 3 yr old sing a song when he was in the bathroom so that I knew he wasnt doing anything bad!

Having a potty will be nice... but after a while, you will get tired of having to clean up poop and pee out of it...

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X