Wishing I Had The Week Off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing I Had The Week Off...

Had a great Christmas (except for some stupid in-law drama) but I'm really wishing that I had the whole week off, or at least a couple more days. I don't feel like I'm ready to go back to daycare yet. *sigh*
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

I'm right there with you. I really want the week off.
    How is your mom doing?

Comment

Thanks for asking! She's actually doing really, really well. The paralysis is starting to recede quite a bit--when I visited her yesterday she was able to do a lot of communicating with facial expressions. She is starting to get movement back in her shoulders and she does a lot of trying to talk. We can read her lips a little bit, sometimes. She is breathing with only a bit of pressure assistance from the ventilator (35% pressure, room air is 21%) and can manage for about 15 minutes off any respirator assistance before getting too tired. They are waiting for her protein levels to reach 2 (they were 1.8 yesterday) before they put a PEG (tube thingy directly to her stomach) so they can get the tube out of her nose, which will be a huge benefit to her. Really, really positive, and really, really good progress. We're really happy to see her finally starting to improve.
      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I'm with ya! Right now I'm closed for vacation in July(1 week) I'm seriously thinking of adding the week between Christmas and New Year's. I'm totally exhuasted and so not ready for tomorrow. Although, I can sleep in to 7:30 instead of 5:45. So that helps, a little.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
          Thanks for asking! She's actually doing really, really well. The paralysis is starting to recede quite a bit--when I visited her yesterday she was able to do a lot of communicating with facial expressions. She is starting to get movement back in her shoulders and she does a lot of trying to talk. We can read her lips a little bit, sometimes. She is breathing with only a bit of pressure assistance from the ventilator (35% pressure, room air is 21%) and can manage for about 15 minutes off any respirator assistance before getting too tired. They are waiting for her protein levels to reach 2 (they were 1.8 yesterday) before they put a PEG (tube thingy directly to her stomach) so they can get the tube out of her nose, which will be a huge benefit to her. Really, really positive, and really, really good progress. We're really happy to see her finally starting to improve.
          That is wonderful. What a truly blessed Christmas !!!

Comment

I'm with you too!! I told my husband we needed another "weekend" now - once that's not quite so hectic and stressed! Unfortunately, I didn't take this week off (thinking that my families would be off and I'd get a paid week off) so I have to work also .

Comment

Same here. I've been doing this for just over a year and realize without a doubt, I will always take off the day after Christmas. There is no way I would have been able to be open for business today!

Comment

I wish I had this week off as well I do have Friday so looking forward to a short week.

Comment

I have a light load this week plus Friday off I have pledged to make this the best week of the year and challenged my family and friends to do the same. I make this challenge to all of you,.... Make this the best week of the year. Focus on being positive and see how contagious it is.

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                    I have a light load this week plus Friday off I have pledged to make this the best week of the year and challenged my family and friends to do the same. I make this challenge to all of you,.... Make this the best week of the year. Focus on being positive and see how contagious it is.
                    thank you when I'm feeling stressed this week I will read this

Comment

Working...
                    X