How to Hang Artwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Hang Artwork?

I'm being re-evaluated soon by QRIS. They told me I have an option to be re-evaluated and go for a 5 star rating - right now I have a 4.

One of the things they evaluate is whether I have the kids artwork up and at their eye level. Well ... Everyone is less than 3, most under 2.5, several 1.5. So if I have anything within reach, it gets destroyed.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've been out all day looking for ideas with no luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Infant wall picture frame.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	982757

It's called Child's view changeable display center. It's $99.50, though. If you don't want to buy it or have the time to buy it, maybe you can make something like it. Basically it's just a piece of clear plastic sticking out far enough from the wall that you can put their pictures behind the plastic.

Comment

I used something like this although I know I didn't pay anywhere near that much. I got mine at Michaels. They are basically 2 sheets of acrylic hinged at the bottom. I just hung them on the walls. You can slide pictures in and out. http://www.amazon.com/Source-10-Pack...sin=B00M5N71G6

Comment

You could also hang some more-permanent displays of sturdy artwork. For example, I have some tiles hanging up that we painted. They're low and pretty much indestructible. (Hang with command strips.)

Framed artwork, like in a clear acrylic frame, attached with command strips, are very safe options, too. You can mount the frames and then change out artwork.

Comment

All very clever ideas! I just headed out again and found the cheaper poster frames for $9.99 each that hold pretty big posters, 24" x 36". I figure I can put 4-5 pieces of artwork in each and secure the backing. I won't have to mount, instead the kids can look at it take it to another part of the room if they would like. For some reason, QRIS loves it when kids can take things from one area to another.

Thanks everyone! You guys spurred me on to a very work-able idea. Although if I had $100, I would be buying that thing from The Learning Center!

Comment

Glad you figured something out. Yeah, I LOVE Lakeshore Learning's stuff. If I had the money, I'd buy everything they have!

Comment

Contact paper works great!

Comment

I made my own with plexi-glass..... got it at home depot for $30 and the wood trim was about $3.

I was able to use acrylic glue to put it all together and then my hubby followed it up with some screws.

We are making another one now. but it would not resolve your problem of being torn down.

Comment

Working...
                X