Sneaking Underwear In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneaking Underwear In

Daycare family has been gone for 2 weeks. They came back today dropped off and left. I checked DCG and she is wearing underwear! I called mom hoping she was potty trained over the last 2 weeks. Nope. She said she only had a few accidents yesterday. I just need to take her every 20-25 minutes?!? I didn't even do that with my own children, I waited until they were ready to be potty trained. I told her its 2 weeks without an accident at daycare, with diapers/pull ups. There are no diapers in the bag, just 8 changes of clothes. Do people really think I don't care if kids pee on my couch or my carpet?!

Oh heck no. I keep extra diapers around for emergencies. This would count as one.

Comment

Originally posted by mountainside13 View Post
      Daycare family has been gone for 2 weeks. They came back today dropped off and left. I checked DCG and she is wearing underwear! I called mom hoping she was potty trained over the last 2 weeks. Nope. She said she only had a few accidents yesterday. I just need to take her every 20-25 minutes?!? I didn't even do that with my own children, I waited until they were ready to be potty trained. I told her its 2 weeks without an accident at daycare, with diapers/pull ups. There are no diapers in the bag, just 8 changes of clothes. Do people really think I don't care if kids pee on my couch or my carpet?!
      Did you make mom come back and bring diapers?

That kind of thing really irks me because it demonstrates a parents' complete lack of regard for you, your environment and the additional work load it places on you.

I'd seriously consider removing the diaper at the end of the day and without any warning or "heads up" send child home with just undies on.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
        Oh heck no. I keep extra diapers around for emergencies. This would count as one.
        I keep emergency supplies too but I would NOT use them in this case because that just makes this all too easy for mom.

I'd REQUIRE immediate pick up or diapers to be brought. If it inconveniences mom, she might just be a bit more aware next time she tries to sneak something in.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

That kind of thing really irks me because it demonstrates a parents' complete lack of regard for you, your environment and the additional work load it places on you.

I'd seriously consider removing the diaper at the end of the day and without any warning or "heads up" send child home with just undies on.
          I am really considering calling her back to pick up or bring diapers. I was loosing my patience so I ended the call to collect myself. I don't have any diapers to put the child in right now. All I have are 2s & 3s that won't fit. They had over 2 weeks to work on PT and it sounds like they started PT yesterday. Try to bully me into doing it. They used to be a golden family but the last 4 months it's been 1 problem after another!

Comment

I ended up terming a dcm immediately when she did this...she was a great dcm until she had a second child...then she kept breaking policies and disrespecting me. Sending dcg here without diapers without warning was the icing on the cake...especially since dcm was lazy about potty training at home since she said she was too overwhelmed and tired to do it herself...

So, I'd either call and tell her to fix the issue immediately or term depending on her past and current behavior.

Some people just aren't worth the struggle to make them parent...

Comment

The child had an accident, so I'm going to call mom for diapers. I'm not ready to term yet. I really love the child! But mom and dad need to start following policies again.

Comment

I keep emergency supplies too but I would NOT use them in this case because that just makes this all too easy for mom.

I'd REQUIRE immediate pick up or diapers to be brought. If it inconveniences mom, she might just be a bit more aware next time she tries to sneak something in.
                I would charge dcm for the diapers used, but I'm not keeping a dck in underwear in my home that is not potty trained. No way!

Comment

The child had an accident, so I'm going to call mom for diapers. I'm not ready to term yet. I really love the child! But mom and dad need to start following policies again.
                  I wouldn't term over this - not unless they had other issues. It can be difficult to potty train and a lot of parents can't recognize when a child is truly potty trained until they spend lots and lots of time with them.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
                    I wouldn't term over this - not unless they had other issues. It can be difficult to potty train and a lot of parents can't recognize when a child is truly potty trained until they spend lots and lots of time with them.
                    She just turned 2 and doesn't notice when she goes or if she has to go. She has had 3 accidents now. No answer from mom or dad.

Comment

I always have emergency supplies.. And I'd call mom with three options...
                      (1) she can pick up
                      (2) she can bring diapers
                      (3) I can use my diapers at $2 each diaper to be paid at pick up

Comment

hahahahah ok I know I am bad, but I did this and the worst thing possible happened in DCD brand new truck.

Of course, it was my fault and I said oh well that is how he was sent, so I figured that he must be potty trained.. We both know that kids can't wear underwear to school until they have demonstrated a full 2 weeks of accident free success here...

AND then I secretly giggled.....

BUT in my defense, I had told the parents already enough times to stop sending DCK in underwear.

Comment

This has happened to me and I would just not call the parents. Make do with what you have today and send home a bill at the end of the day for diapers/wipes.

Send an email and talk face to face. Print out your policy and highlight "no underwear part".

Tell them she needs to have diapers tomorrow or can not drop off until she has all of the supplies necessary.

Personally, I wouldn't give DCP any options, they didn't give you any....I would just put DCK right back in a diaper and deal with it at the end of the day.

Refuse drop off...

I guess I am just not very confrontational and don't like to create issues. YES I understand that the parents were in the wrong here big time, BUT I think that you are only going to start a fire if you go calling and demanding for pick up.

Sucks that they broke your rules and didn't inform you that their child was wearing undies.

DO you have back up diapers?
                          Last edited by daycare; 01-05-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

She just turned 2 and doesn't notice when she goes or if she has to go. She has had 3 accidents now. No answer from mom or dad.
                            Start calling emergency contacts. NOT being reachable as a parent is a HUGE no-no in my book and absolutely unacceptable.

Makes me think mom is purposely not responding to you.

What if this was a real life or death emergency????

Call contact people.

Don't let mom bring child again without a supply of diapers.

Comment

Start calling emergency contacts. NOT being reachable as a parent is a HUGE no-no in my book and absolutely unacceptable.

Makes me think mom is purposely not responding to you.

What if this was a real life or death emergency????

Call contact people.

Don't let mom bring child again without a supply of diapers.
                              Yup. I would also be willing to term over it. Dropping and running to make sure you didn't notice, the added 'only a few accidents' and blatant disregard for your policies, and then not responding? NO NO.

Comment

Working...
                              X