Play Dough and Pink Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Dough and Pink Eye

I sent a DCK home yesterday with a goopy eye. He went to the doc and confirmed that it is pink eye. Before his eye starting discharging he used play dough - should I toss it out now? I disinfected all the play dough accessory toys, but not sure what to do with the actual dough.

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
    I sent a DCK home yesterday with a goopy eye. He went to the doc and confirmed that it is pink eye. Before his eye starting discharging he used play dough - should I toss it out now? I disinfected all the play dough accessory toys, but not sure what to do with the actual dough.
    I would toss it to be safe but that's just me. I don't know that the infection can live in play dough but since it's not SUPER expensive, I'd rather toss it and get new stuff than to risk pink eye possibly being contracted. A cold or something like that, no I wouldn't but since pink eye is so contagious I probably would to be safe n

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
      Is he on an antibiotic for the pink eye? If so, it was bacterial and I would toss the play-doh.

If he isn't needing to take anything, the conjunctivitis was more than likely viral and in that case, not quite as spreadable via touching kwim?

I cant say for sure but maybe just to be safe, I'd toss it.

Comment

Toss, to be safe

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          Is he on an antibiotic for the pink eye? If so, it was bacterial and I would toss the play-doh.

If he isn't needing to take anything, the conjunctivitis was more than likely viral and in that case, not quite as spreadable via touching kwim?

I cant say for sure but maybe just to be safe, I'd toss it.
          Yes, he started antibiotic eye drops yesterday. I tossed it - better safe then sorry

This is his second time with pink eye since August

Comment

Working...
          X