Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are You Doing With The Kids This Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Doing With The Kids This Week?

So today I only have 2 dcks (I usually have 7) and only 1 of my daughters right now (the other is in surgery for her 2nd set of tubes with dad).

I do Mother Goose Time but don't feel it's worth breaking out the crafts for just 2 kids (both on the younger side...almost 2). The rest of the week is the same as far as children being out random days, and I'm closed Friday.

What is everyone doing with the kids this week? I'm considering just nixing circle time this week and just letting the kids play for the next 3 day (we are also doing a no toy week this week). Maybe we'll do cookies one day but other than that I think it's going to be completely unstructured. The good thing is (and don't flame me here) it's in the mid to upper 70's this week so we've had a lot of outside time already and it should be nice through the end of the week.

We had our Happy Birthday Jesus party last Friday and I kept all the kids until 8p. We did presents, cakes, games, etc. so last week was crazy and this week I just don't have anything planned. It's just hard to plan anything with everyone's schedule being wacky and I'm just way too excited about being off until after the New Year!

What am I doing with them? Trying to resist the urge to warp them all in duct tape and stick 'em on the ceiling. Or put them in boxes and mail them to the moon. Umm...besides that...letting them play.
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I am just letting them play. I have 2 drop ins that I don't normally have and one of my regulars is off, so my group has shifted and I just think it would be easier on me.

Comment

Filling them full of sugar, giving them gifts that are LOUD and have tons of pieces and sending them home!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          Filling them full of sugar, giving them gifts that are LOUD and have tons of pieces and sending them home!!!
          That's tomorrow....

Today we are painting paper plate Christmas trees and doing a few Christmas coloring sheets...my LOVE to color. Especially since I put out all new markers yesterday. They are in heaven right now

Comment

I let them free play this week since both of my daughters are out of school for winter break. I will be off three days of this week and I am taking a week vacation to go out of town next week. I am looking forward to it. We will have a small Christmas party today.

Comment

We're finishing up our gifts for Mom and Dad (scrap book with kids artwork and photos), sledding and playing in the snow, decorating cookies tomorrow, and then our "party" on Thursday which is basically sledding at a "serious hill" in the morning and cookies and gifts in the afternoon. I'm still maintaining our typical schedule around that.

And 70's temp? Not fair!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                What am I doing with them? Trying to resist the urge to warp them all in duct tape and stick 'em on the ceiling. Or put them in boxes and mail them to the moon. Umm...besides that...letting them play.
                Oh so glad I'm not the only one!

I'm still doing some structured stuff but mostly free play. I only had 2 yesterday and 2 today. Hopefully tomorrow all four will be here so we can celebrate Children's Day.
                Celebrate! ::

Comment

:: I assume you meant wrap, but warping them is a thought...

Comment

Well yesterday we went sledding at the park across the street and free played. This morning we baked gingersnaps and watched a Christmas movie. Tomorrow I only have one plus my dd so we might go shopping or something .... The rest of the week? I'm hoping they'll be sick LOL

Comment

erm, yeah, *wrap* them in duct tape, !

(it's still a good idea...)

(j/k)

(mostly)
                      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Me too!!! Have the one SA girl that is here some. It is amazing how totally different her younger sister (that I have regular) acts when she is here. Just adding one kid really upsets the routine.

With the move in 10 days, if I duct taped em to the ceiling, I could get a lot of packing done!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X