Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening New Daycare - Advice With Policy Loose Ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melilley View Post
    I actually don't mind part time. I get paid more between my 2 part time kids than I do for one full time, plus I get a little break a couple of days a week.
    This is my thinking as well. The half day and drop in spots are significantly more valuable than my full day spots.

Comment

So what do you all think of my pricing structure for my half day when compared to my full time and drop in rates? Does it make sense? The pricing deal is really what I've been agonizing over.

I've decided to offer a 9 hour (ish) day for the full time spots.

Comment

If you are definitely wanting to do part time based on your area then why not have afternoon slots as well so you are making more money? I would want every single space filled since you can only have 6 kids.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaVaca View Post
          If you are definitely wanting to do part time based on your area then why not have afternoon slots as well so you are making more money? I would want every single space filled since you can only have 6 kids.
          I thought about that.. but our nap/quiet time is from 1:15 - 2:50 and I close at 5:45. I wouldn't want anyone dropping in during naptime and I'm not sure there is a wide enough window of time between 1:00 (pickup for AM half day) and 1:15 (when we're down for nap). What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Hartingirl View Post
            I thought about that.. but our nap/quiet time is from 1:15 - 2:50 and I close at 5:45. I wouldn't want anyone dropping in during naptime and I'm not sure there is a wide enough window of time between 1:00 (pickup for AM half day) and 1:15 (when we're down for nap). What do you think?
            If it were me I would consider changing my A.M. time to accommodate a P.M. schedule then.

Comment

Op I offer fee consults where I can help you break down each slot and how to charge for it through my consulting business. I have helped a number of posters here with fee... time and money schedules. If you would like a consult go to www.daycarewhisperer.com and schedule one. It would take one hour ($50) and I would need to see your policies up front.

Nan
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                Op I offer fee consults where I can help you break down each slot and how to charge for it through my consulting business. I have helped a number of posters here with fee... time and money schedules. If you would like a consult go to www.daycarewhisperer.com and schedule one. It would take one hour ($50) and I would need to see your policies up front.

Nan
                Oh... I wish. I really need to open soon and get some kiddos. It's taken us so much longer to become registered and licensed than we ever imagined. I just don't have $50 in the budget for that. But I am very appreciative of the information.

Comment

I also wouldn't count on your nap time being those exact hours, start time yes but end time? I know all kids are different but mine sleep a solid 2 1/2 hours, sometimes longer I would leave wiggle room in your afternoon schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaVaca View Post
                    I also wouldn't count on your nap time being those exact hours, start time yes but end time? I know all kids are different but mine sleep a solid 2 1/2 hours, sometimes longer I would leave wiggle room in your afternoon schedule.
                    This is a really good point! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X